sale countdown script help for text ad format

Jay Wilner

Jan 6, 2016, 7:08:45 PM1/6/16
to AdWords Scripts Forum
i am trying to run the sale countdown script (https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/sale-countdown).

the script runs fine but the adwords system is disapproving my ad due to 'invalid characters' (see attached snapshot).

what am i doing wrong in the text ad? I actually am using the exact same characters as in the example solution:

Only {param1:a Few} Days {param2:and} Hours left!

thanks in advance!

jay wilner
parameters.PNG

Tyler Sidell (AdWords Scripts Team)

Jan 7, 2016, 9:17:49 AM1/7/16
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi Jay,

Appreciate you reaching out to us.  However, disapproval of ads would be more of a question for the Product team.  I would suggest opening up an inquiry here.

Thanks,
Tyler Sidell
AdWords Scripts Team

AussieWeb Conversion

Jan 12, 2016, 1:11:03 AM1/12/16
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Hi Jay

You're using an exclamation point on both description lines of the ad text.
I think you're only allowed one.  Try removing one of them and see if that works.

Regards
Nigel

AussieWeb Conversion

Jan 12, 2016, 1:22:05 AM1/12/16
to AdWords Scripts Forum
Yep.  I've just found the Policy guide line.
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6021546?hl=en-AU
Check the Punctuation and Symbols section about half way down - "More than one exclamation point in an ad" is an example of excessive or gimmicky punctuation.

I've also just looked at the Scripts page and the example ad.  :-)   The upcoming Holiday Sale example ad would get disapproved.

Tyler - can you please get that Scripts sample page modified so the ad is compliant?  No biggie, but better to not confuse people, right?
https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/sale-countdown

Regards
Nigel

Jay Wilner

Jan 12, 2016, 8:49:16 AM1/12/16
to AussieWeb Conversion via AdWords Scripts Forum
Thank you!!

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups AdWords Scripts Forum group. Please do not reply to this email. To post to this group or unsubscribe please visit https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/community.
---