Need help upgrading to expanded text ads?

Nadine Sundquist (AdWords API Team)

Nov 4, 2016, 9:11:21 AM11/4/16
to AdWords API Forum

Greetings AdWords API Community!

We announced that you have until January 31, 2017 to upgrade from standard text ads to expanded text ads. You will no longer be able to create new standard text ads starting on January 31st even though those ads will continue to serve. My team wants to know how we can help, since we noticed that some people are still creating standard text ads.

Please reply to this forum thread if you:

  • Have questions

  • Need help upgrading

  • Want to +1 someone’s idea on how we can help

If you feel like there’s too much personal information in your question, feel free to click on this forum post and choose Reply privately to author.

Let’s get these ads upgraded together!

Nadine, AdWords API Team

Richard Beck @ Acquisio

Nov 8, 2016, 4:01:26 PM11/8/16
to AdWords API Forum
We've provided a Webinar to help advertisers determine how they should be migration their Standard Text Ads to Expanded Text Ads. It goes through:
  •  what you should be doing,
  • how you should be determining your migration strategies,
  • how to run tests,
  • what migration strategies might work for you, and
  • when you should be migrating.
It's full of really great information and is available here: http://www.acquisio.com/resources/webinar/step-step-transition-google-expanded-text-ads-pro