AuthenicationError.NOT_ADS_USER - but only for single report type.

Alex Jones

Mar 7, 2015, 12:24:03 PM3/7/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
We are experiencing issues with requesting a Geography Report from the API. Strangely, we use the same code to process all of our other reports, which completed successfully both before and after the failing Geography Report. We've waited several hours and then requested the report again, to no avail. I'm hoping you have some insight into this issue. This is the same production code we've been executing for some time now with no issues, and configurations have not been altered recently either. We rely on this data, and not having it available is very inconvenient for us. We'd appreciate any help you can provide.

Brad Ruderman

Mar 8, 2015, 3:49:06 AM3/8/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I am having the same issue with the "CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT", however the "AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT" is working just fine. I even upgraded to 201502. Here is a repo in Python:

The strange thing I note, is when I remove all the columns but GclId from the click perf report, it seems to work.

Thanks,
Brad

Brad Ruderman

Mar 8, 2015, 4:01:22 AM3/8/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
It appears if i remove the following fields from the report, it starts working agin:
CityCriteriaId
CountryCriteriaId
MetroCriteriaId
RegionCriteriaId

Looks like its a bug in the adwords API that is affecting both the 201502 and the 201409 versions.

Thanks!

Bejan @ MarketFlare

Mar 8, 2015, 10:14:45 PM3/8/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Same issue here with the Geo performance report using AdWords API v201409. It worked fine when we ran it last week, and now the geo performance report returns the error:

Error: AuthenticationError.NOT_ADS_USER, Trigger: <null>, FieldPath:

Account performance and other reports work fine.

peter.r...@smarter-ecommerce.com

Mar 9, 2015, 4:02:17 AM3/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
We experience the same problems since a few days. It is unpredictable if the error occurs or not. The same request sometimes fails (with the NOT_ADS_USER error) and sometimes succeeds. Test requests were issued right after each other (first succeeded, second failed, third succeeded, ...)

Daniel Altman

Mar 9, 2015, 9:09:38 AM3/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Same issue here, please fix it asap!

Roman Kredentser

Mar 9, 2015, 9:30:16 AM3/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
oh thanks you very much , you just made my day!

Mark McKelvey

Mar 9, 2015, 9:30:16 AM3/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
We've got the same problem.  Seems like a bug.  Or at least an incorrect error message is being returned.

Johnny O

Mar 9, 2015, 9:30:16 AM3/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com

On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 11:24:03 AM UTC-6, Alex Jones wrote:
We are experiencing issues with requesting a Geography Report from the API. Strangely, we use the same code to process all of our other reports, which completed successfully both before and after the failing Geography Report. We've waited several hours and then requested the report again, to no avail. I'm hoping you have some insight into this issue. This is the same production code we've been executing for some time now with no issues, and configurations have not been altered recently either. We rely on this data, and not having it available is very inconvenient for us. We'd appreciate any help you can provide.

A report we are downloading: GEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT is throwing the same exception you are getting too.

Michiel

Mar 9, 2015, 9:30:16 AM3/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Exactly the same thing happened to us. It looks like it happened after the new version release. It's a serious bug and causing issues for our clients...

Chris

Mar 9, 2015, 9:30:16 AM3/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Same here.  No code changes.  We have a service that runs nightly.  Worked fine on 3/6, started failing 3/7 and continues to fail.

Caleb Hyde

Mar 9, 2015, 9:30:17 AM3/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I'm in the same boat -- we have production code that pulls several Adwords reports. The other reports still work, but this is failing, though from reading the release notes (https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/reference/) for v201502, nothing in the configured report seems incorrect -- we're using 'CountryCriteriaId' and 'RegionCriteriaId', which should be fin.

For reference, we use the Python 'googleads' library (https://github.com/googleads/googleads-python-lib), on version 3.1.1

di...@singular.net

Mar 9, 2015, 9:30:16 AM3/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We also started experiencing this issue a few days ago for all of our clients, please fix this.
Meanwhile, is there an alternative geo report that can be pulled that can be used to breakdown campaign performance per country?

Chris

Mar 9, 2015, 9:30:33 AM3/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Been doing some testing here.  I found that I had to specify at least CountryCriteriaId to get it to work, but if I specify any of the other fields it fails.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this ASAP as it is vital part of our internal process.

*** Works for this set of fields

AdGroupId
AdGroupName
CampaignId
CampaignName
Clicks
Cost
CountryCriteriaId
Date

*** Fails if I add RegionCriteriaId to the above
*** Fails if I add MostSpecificCriteriaId to the above
*** Fails if I add CityCriteriaId to the above
*** Fails if I add MetroCriteriaId to the above

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Mar 9, 2015, 9:42:43 AM3/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

Thanks for reporting this issue, we are looking into it. Can someone use the "Reply to Author" to send me a failing request and response HTTP logs? I cannot replicate this on my test account, so I suspect that not all accounts are affected (yet).

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Mar 9, 2015, 12:20:31 PM3/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We have pushed a fix for this issue, so the errors should go away now. Please update this thread if you continue seeing errors.

Cheers,
Anash

Brad Ruderman

Mar 9, 2015, 1:25:33 PM3/9/15