AD_PERMORMANCE_REPORT requested, got CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT instead

tamas.h...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2014, 8:36:55 AM6/5/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I've recently updated the python client library, made the changes according to the migration docs, but since that, when I'm requesting this:

'SELECT CampaignName, AdGroupName, '
'Headline, Description1, Description2, DisplayUrl, Url, '
'Impressions, Clicks, '
'Ctr, AverageCpc, Cost, AveragePosition, Conversions, CostPerConversion, ConversionRate, Status '
'FROM AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT '
'DURING LAST_MONTH'

I get this at the beginning of the xml report:

<report-name name='CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT'/>

Anyone experienced the same? Thanks in advance!

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 5, 2014, 12:36:24 PM6/5/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I wasn't able to replicate that behavior. Is there any chance that you have multiple processes writing to the same output file, so even though one process writes an AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT, another process subsequently overwrites that output with the results of a CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT?

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team

tamas.h...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2014, 2:43:59 PM6/11/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josh,

thanks, good point! However, I can't really determine it, it shouldn't act like that, I use 4 reports to combine to one, a for loop downloads a report, saves, then the next one comes. This should mean that the loop has another report's filename in a variable, and the actual report's awql in another variable. Hard to explain, or overthink.
The whole thing ran normally on Heroku until the new api version and python library. Could there be a change in the lib that could cause this<
Thanks!

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 11, 2014, 4:16:05 PM6/11/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Have you tried doing a very simple example where all you do is submit the AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT request and write it to a file? If that does not produce the issue, what happens if you run an AD_PERFORMANCE_REPORT followed by a CAMPAIGN_PERFORMANCE_REPORT, or vice versa, in your loop?

Also, just to make sure I understand you correctly, when you say you migrated, do you mean you migrated to the new Python library googleads/googleads-python-lib, migrated from v201309 to v201402 of the API, or something else?

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

tamas.h...@gmail.com

Jun 11, 2014, 9:05:22 PM6/11/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thanks for the good testing point! As assumed, when running only the AD_PERF. it was the correct one.
After even more digging, I've found one more place, where I re-download last month, and forgot to migrate DownloadReportWithAwql(..., since  I think I had to change it's parameters to accept and opened file, not a path. Collision was with this exception.
So yes, changed to v201402 and googleads lib.

Thanks for your rapid support!

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jun 12, 2014, 9:50:28 AM6/12/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thanks for testing it out -- sounds like we're making progress! So was the fact that you forgot to migrate that reference to DownloadReportWithAwql the source of the problem, or are you still seeing this issue?

And just to make sure we're on the same page regarding which library you're using -- are you using googleads/googleads-python-lib or the legacy googleads-python-legacy-lib?

Cheers,
Josh, AdWords API Team