Duplicate Location Error

Ben

Jul 30, 2012, 5:21:58 PM7/30/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I have a really strange problem when uploading locations through the AdWords Editor. I will upload a batch of 1,000 locations (either ZIPs or a mix of ZIPs and radii with coordinates). When I do "Check Locations", a whole bunch of them come up as duplicates, and neither one of them will upload. I need to manually go through them and delete one of the two locations (which are now listed twice) and recheck locations; otherwise it will not upload.
I've had this on every campaign; not just one.
I have checked and double-checked my data for duplicates, and there are none. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon, and does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Ben
Message has been deleted

Ben

Jul 31, 2012, 11:18:03 AM7/31/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Ok, I've figured out the problem. Some ZIPs translate into nearby ZIPs when doing location targeting. For example, if you enter 85285, which is a ZIP in Tempe, AZ, AdWords will change it to 85281, which is also in Tempe, AZ. These locations are about four miles apart though.

So if I have both 85285 and 85281 on the CSv which I'm uploading, it will show as 85281 twice, and neither will upload. I'm fine with only having one, because I can't imagine the four miles will make that much of a difference, but how can I circumvent this problem?

David Torres

Aug 6, 2012, 5:53:44 PM8/6/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

We don't offer AdWords Editor support in this forum, please contact general AdWords support regarding this issue.

Best,

-David Torres - AdWords API Team