java.lang.NullPointerException after trying to get traffic estimations

Jorge Brasil

Nov 25, 2014, 10:48:05 AM11/25/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

After following all the instructions and spending a lot of time reading this forum I'm still getting that message when trying to get traffic estimations.

I had an application running on V201404 which has been discontinued so I start my migration process. After running into to several issues I've decide to use adwords examples to figure out what was going on.

I've followed every step that is on your git hub rep, download Jar import the project and then start to use it.

what is strange is that some of the examples run without issues but the traffic estimations don't, not for v201406 or for v201409 so I think that I can assume that my credentials file is ok.

I didn't make any changes, I'm using everything as it is is the website but that error message keeps poping everytime that I try and get traffic estimations.

I really need some help and I've tried everything, even making the requests using python(the outcome was the same null).

Thanks in advance

Jorge Brasil

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Nov 26, 2014, 6:56:18 AM11/26/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorge,

If you can capture a SOAP request and response XML and post it after removing the credentials and developerToken from the request XML, it would be most useful. See https://github.com/googleads/googleads-java-lib#how-do-i-enable-logging for details on how to capture SOAP logs using Java library.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Jorge Brasil

Nov 27, 2014, 5:08:54 AM11/27/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anash,

I can't find that file and I think I know why.

Those xml are going to be created with the lo4j login right?

And I'm receiving this message

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.configuration.PropertiesConfiguration).
at adwords.axis.v201409.optimization.EstimateKeywordTraffic.runExample(EstimateKeywordTraffic.java:144)
at adwords.axis.v201409.optimization.EstimateKeywordTraffic.main(EstimateKeywordTraffic.java:70)

this is my full error message.

Maybe the reason that I am receiving Null response from the API is due to the log4j malfunction on my machine, no?

Best

Jorge Brasil

Dec 1, 2014, 6:08:37 AM12/1/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Is there any chance that you can help me? I don't really know what to do anymore.

Best

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Dec 1, 2014, 9:32:08 AM12/1/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jorge,

Could you send the following only to me by clicking Reply to Author?
The log4j messages are just warnings -- they won't cause the failures you are seeing.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Jorge Brasil

Dec 1, 2014, 11:15:19 AM12/1/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Josh,

Thanks a lot for you time but I managed to solve the issue.

Best Regards

Jorge