Sandbox not generating 5 new accounts

mwunit11

May 31, 2012, 11:33:07 AM5/31/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I downloaded the API library for PHP, edited the settings.ini to read:

and edited the auth.ini to read:

email = "******@gmail.com"
password = "*********"
userAgent = "MWWP"
developerToken = "****@gmail.com++USD"

I ran /examples/v201109_1/BasicOperations/GetCampaigns.php  which produced:

"No campaigns were found."

I then ran /examples/v201109_1/AccountManagement/GetAccountHierarchy.php which produced:

(Customer Id, Account Name/Login, Link Status) 0, ********@gmail.com, N/A

Am I doing something wrong? How come 5 test accounts are not being generated? Do I need to be using an MCC google account?

thanks!

Danial Klimkin

Jun 4, 2012, 8:05:55 AM6/4/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello mwunit11,

The very first request to the sandbox needs to be getCampaigns in order for it to initialize properly.

In case it was the first one but you still see no accounts created, please try initializing a new sandbox with another Google account.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

mwunit11

Jun 5, 2012, 10:43:28 AM6/5/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Danial,

I created a new Google account, and followed the same steps: set the values in auth.ini, ran the getCampaigns example script, and then the getAccountHeirarchy example script with the exact same results. No accounts were generated.

How can we debug this further? I have been trying to get a working sandbox account for over a week already, to no avail.

Thanks

Danial Klimkin

Jun 6, 2012, 6:42:10 AM6/6/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello mwunit11,

Please send me the full XML responses for getCampaign and getAccountHierarchy over email. Also, please attach auth.ini (make sure to remove password).

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

mwunit11

Jun 6, 2012, 7:26:03 AM6/6/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Danial. What is the preferred support email? I was unable to find it on the website.

Danial Klimkin

Jun 7, 2012, 7:31:54 AM6/7/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Followed up directly.

-Danial.

John Quarto-vonTivadar

Jun 15, 2012, 4:39:05 PM6/15/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I had the same challenge as mwunit11:   the response I got back from the sandbox was:
{"total_num_entries":0,"page_type":"CampaignPage","total_budget":{"period":"DAILY","amount":{"comparable_value_type":"Money","micro_amount":0}}}

(parsed it as JSON ... I use Rails so this seemed more natural)

so clearly the call is working since I'm getting something back.  But it's not what I expected from the Sandbox.  Also **why** is the documentation so unfriendly in explaining what to do next? It's written from the perspective of someone who already knows how to work with the API, not from the perspective of someone trying to learn the API.

Anyway, my short code (based completely on Examples found online):

def example1
adwords = setup_adwords
#adwords = AdwordsApi::Api.new
campaign_srv = adwords.service(:CampaignService, :v201109_1)

# Get 'Id', 'Name' and 'Status' fields of all campaigns.
campaigns = campaign_srv.get({:fields => ['Id', 'Name', 'Status']})

respond_with campaigns.to_json
end

and

def setup_adwords
adwords = AdwordsApi::Api.new({
:authentication => {
        :method => 'ClientLogin',
        :developer_token => 'MY_EMAIL_HERE++USD',
        :user_agent => 'Ruby Sample',
        :password => 'MY_PASSWORD_HERE',
        :email => 'MY_EMAIL_HERE'
    },
    :service => {
      :environment => 'SANDBOX'
    }
});
end

Danial Klimkin

Jun 19, 2012, 6:03:30 AM6/19/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello John,

Once you made a getCampaigns request, your sandbox account is initialized. The next step is to get the list of accounts (see example) and choose a sub-account to use.

As by default you are 'hitting' an MCC account which can have no campaigns, you will always get an empty response. Use the client_customer_id key to specify an account under the mcc.

Also, I've recently published a rails-based demo application you may find useful, see source.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.