API usage costs

chris h

Apr 1, 2011, 2:53:01 PM4/1/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
questions:
1. Has Google started charging?
2. What is the cost for a report download?

Danial Klimkin

Apr 4, 2011, 1:02:28 PM4/4/11
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

1. API units spend is charged according to the rate card.

2. With the ReportDefinitionService report downloads are free.

You can find more details about the rates on the AdWords API site:

Best regards,
  Danial Klimkin, AdWords API Team.

jeremy brooks

Jun 19, 2012, 11:22:37 PM6/19/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
The current rate card says
 1 unit per ReportDefinition
 1 unit per  ReportDefinitionField

I have two questions:

Does that mean that, for instance, a keyword report requesting 35 fields would cost 36  units total?

Does the cost change with quantity of keywords?

Thanks,
    Jeremy

Danial Klimkin

Jun 21, 2012, 9:57:07 AM6/21/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jeremy,

The ReportDefinitionService is outdated and going away in future. Please
use the AdHoc reporting instead. The AdHoc reports are free of charge.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

VijayRaj Chauhan

Jul 3, 2012, 8:42:18 AM7/3/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

I am using CampaignServiceInterface to get the list of campaigns along with the 10 selector fields. Can you please let me know how the api units is calculated for this request?? Does it depends on the no. of selector fields requested or the no. of campaigns returned??

TIA,
VijayRaj

Danial Klimkin

Jul 3, 2012, 9:07:05 PM7/3/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello VijayRaj,

For CampaignService please refer to the ratesheet linked above:

  https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/ratesheet

In your case it will be billed by the number of campaigns returned.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

VijayRaj Chauhan

Jul 4, 2012, 5:35:45 AM7/4/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

I want to get the list of all keywords and its other information like MaxCpc CpcBidSource, KeywordText, Cost, Clicks, Impressions etc...I am following the example given here  http://code.google.com/p/google-api-adwords-java/source/browse/trunk/examples/v201109/GetAllAdGroupCriteria.java. While doing so, I found that it takes long time to get the response when there are say more than 10,000 keywords...Following this method doesn't seem to be cost effective either...Can you please let me know if there is any other alternative which is quicker and consume less api units??

TIA,
VijayRaj

Oliver

Jul 4, 2012, 6:04:58 AM7/4/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
VijayRaj, why don't you get the data you want using the Criteria or Keyword reports? It's faster and free. Reports definitions are found here:

https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/appendix/reports

Oliver

Danial Klimkin

Jul 4, 2012, 6:06:01 PM7/4/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello VijayRaj,

In most cases AdGroups contain much less keywords and it takes only few seconds to retrieve them. As Oliver already noted, the most cost-effective way is using reports - which are free.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.