Data freshness of Gmail Ad results?

Zweitze

Mar 23, 2017, 10:50:51 AM3/23/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi all,

Has anyone an idea?
The article on data freshness doesn't appear to address this - and I couldn't find this in the docs on gmail ads.

For instance, suppose on Monday a gmail ad is served, and the user decides to save it. Friday this user decides to click on its contents and visit the website of the advertiser. I assume that the (secondary) click is attributed to Monday? What is the maximum "conversion window" of Gmail ads?

My use case: I want to store these results in a database, and wonder when the results are "final".

I have the same question for forwarded gmail ads too.

Thanks in advance!
Zweitze de Vries

Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)

Mar 23, 2017, 4:02:02 PM3/23/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Zweitze,

Since GCLID is generated at impression time, in Click Performance Report, the data for these clicks will be attributed to the date on which the ad was served. Since the CtcLookbackWindow is associated with the time between a conversion event and the previous corresponding ad click, I would think that you can consider the date of the click as the start of the conversion window. You can edit CtcLookbackWindow for the webpage, import, in-app action, or phone call conversions you're tracking. Please check each conversion type for the allowed allowed range of values for this window. For example, for conversions on a website, you can set this window to be 1 to 90 days.

I would suggest that you post this question on the AdWords community forum as well to get an answer from the product experts.

Regards,
Shwetha, AdWords API Team.

Zweitze

Mar 27, 2017, 4:56:04 AM3/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Swetha,

As I understand, CtcLookbackWindow is about conversions. But this question is not about conversions. This question is about GMail ad results.

I need to know when GMail ad results are final. For instance, when I am interested in the results of today, I probably can't use results I retrieve right now: the ad may be more times today. If I retrieve those results tomorrow, they are probably not any good because click fraud corrections may still occur. If I retrieve those results next week, I may not get all results from saved ads.

When will they be final? Next month? Three months from now? Never?

This information is lacking in the Data Freshness documentation.

Peter Oliquino

Mar 27, 2017, 5:50:12 AM3/27/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Zweitze,

As my colleague Shwetha has mentioned, it would be best to consult the product experts at the AdWords community forum for more detailed information regarding the data's availability.

Best regards,
Peter
AdWords API Team