What is the correct way to link Merchant Center to Adwords account via API?

API2Go

Jun 12, 2012, 10:51:40 AM6/12/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Actually I have a two part question - what is the best way to link the Merchant Center to the appropriate adwords account via the API and how should we enable the adwords campaign to access the merchant center via the API?

Kevin Winter

Jun 14, 2012, 11:03:39 AM6/14/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  This discusses how to set up the Merchant Center Datafeed: http://support.google.com/merchants/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=188479

We don't currently have any code examples showing how this is done via the API.  The API access is currently only available to a limited number of developers - please contact your CSR for more information: http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=8206&ctx=go&&contactus=1

- Kevin Winter
AdWords API Team

API2Go

Jun 14, 2012, 2:51:35 PM6/14/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the response Kevin.  However, we are already a developer with commercial applications for product feeds and adword manipulation.  We are trying to complete an application which aids our merchants/clients in Product Listing Ads - which we are not really having any difficulty with. When working manually (not through the api) we simply link our merchant account to our adwords account and then choose that account when setting up a PLA campaign - the question is "what is the best way to do this via the API instead of manually".  Sorry for any confusion in my question -

API2Go

Jun 18, 2012, 11:00:45 AM6/18/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the response Kevin. However, we are already a developer with commercial applications for product feeds and adword manipulation. We are trying to complete an application which aids our merchants/clients in Product Listing Ads - which we are not really having any difficulty with either. However, when working manually (not through the api) we simply link our merchant account to our adwords account and then choose that account when setting up a PLA campaign - the question is "what is the best way to do this via the API instead of manually". I don't think the links below hold any of these answers.    Sorry for any confusion in my question -

Kevin Winter

Jun 19, 2012, 10:09:02 AM6/19/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  I apologize for the delay, I wanted to research this and make sure I had the full answer.  Product Extensions cannot be created via the API at this time - they must be added via the UI.  This blog post explains this in more detail: http://adwordsapi.blogspot.com/2011/02/discover-v201008-product-ads-and.html

The blog post also explains how product criteria and ads can be created via the API.  When originally launched, it was limited to a subset of developers but has since been opened to anyone.  (it's possible that certain countries may not be able to use this, but we don't have a list handy).

- Kevin Winter
AdWords API Team

API2Go

Jun 19, 2012, 12:49:28 PM6/19/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Kevin - we will move forward accordingly.  Allowing this functionality through the API would be of great benefit to us - and we would welcome any news on that front-

Christian

Nov 25, 2013, 7:53:13 AM11/25/13
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

for our service it's also a problem that the API does not allow the addition of product extensions to campaigns. Without this ability it is not possible to automatically set up PLA campaigns.

Since it is possible to create product ads and product criteria, wouldn't it make sense to also add product extensions to campaigns?

I would highly appreciate it if this feature request is forwarded to the API developers.

Thanks for your support!

Christian Bünnig