Enhanced XML validation enabled in the sandbox

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 11, 2010, 9:13:10 AM3/11/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi All,

Yesterday we enabled an enhanced form of XML validation on the AdWords
API sandbox that returns more detailed error messages for incorrectly
formatted SOAP XML requests. This new validation mechanism is more
strict and enforces rules that were previously ignored. Most SOAP
libraries already conform to these rules, but requests that are
constructed manually may now return validation errors. Some key
changes in the validation logic are:

* The fields of an object must be in the correct order. The order of
the fields is defined in the WSDL and reflected in our developer
documentation.

* The namespaces used in the request body must be declared on the
method element (get, mutate, etc). If all of the namespace prefixes
are declared on the SOAP envelope element you must ensure they are re-
defined on the method element.

For right now this will only be enabled in the sandbox to give you
time test your code against this new type of validation. If you have
any questions or issues please let us know.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

Ivo.bathke

Mar 11, 2010, 11:13:30 AM3/11/10
to AdWords API Forum
hi
will the google-api-adwords-php react on those changes?

or do i have to change the calls?

cheers
ivo

On 11 Mrz., 15:13, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 12, 2010, 2:27:04 PM3/12/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

The AdWords API PHP client library conforms to the new XML
validation. There is a bug where this doesn't work perfectly in PHP
version 5.2.6 or lower but that will be corrected shortly.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

spongman

Mar 18, 2010, 3:54:46 PM3/18/10
to AdWords API Forum
does this break the .NET client library? i've just started seeing some
authentication errors when working against the sandbox, and I'm
wondering f this might be the cause?

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 19, 2010, 2:35:01 PM3/19/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

This change should have no impact on that library, but you can open an
issue on the issue tracker of the project:

http://code.google.com/p/google-api-adwords-dotnet/issues/list

Best,
- Eric

OneTime

Mar 23, 2010, 12:57:25 PM3/23/10
to AdWords API Forum
I see you've released API 2.0.1. Can I assume the "enhanced form of
XML validation" is now in the production environment?

On Mar 11, 7:13 am, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>

AdWords API Advisor

Mar 24, 2010, 4:39:00 PM3/24/10
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

The new version of the PHP client library (2.0.1) includes a bug fix
for enhanced XML validation support. However this feature hasn't yet
been enabled in the production environment.

Best,
- Eric

Roman

Apr 1, 2010, 3:38:56 AM4/1/10
to AdWords API Forum
Looks like perl library (v1.3.2) did break down.
I opened an issue there... Hopefully it will be fixed soon, April 22nd
is just in 3 weeks.

On Mar 11, 5:13 pm, AdWords API Advisor <adwordsapiadvi...@google.com>