A call to MutateJobService.mutate seems to cost more than 1 API unit.

Vincent

May 25, 2012, 10:51:22 AM5/25/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Since this month we have been using the MutateJobService to decrease our API unit cost.

Looking at the API unit consumption with the InfoService, the cost of all the services we use through the MutateJobService has been roughly divided by 2.

However, the cost of the MutateJobService.mutate method is huge for the month (it is 35% of all our API unit cost).

Further investigations show that one call to MutateJobService.mutate does not cost 1 API unit, but the number of operations processed instead.

My detailed experiment is the following:
With the infoService, get how many API units where consumed by MutateJobService.mutate : 59885
execute MutateJobService.mutate with 227 operations
execute MutateJobService.mutate with 1236 operations
execute MutateJobService.mutate with 64 operations
execute MutateJobService.mutate with 7 operations
execute MutateJobService.mutate with 6 operations
execute MutateJobService.mutate with 609 operations
Pull the the infoService until the MutateJobService.mutate API unit consumption is updated : 62034

So for 6 calls to MutateJobService.mutate, the InfoService returns an increase of API unit consumption for MutateJobService.mutate of 2149 which is the number of operations processed in all the bulk jobs. Shouldn't it be 6 instead ?

Please help

Kevin Winter

May 29, 2012, 1:44:04 PM5/29/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  I'm able to reproduce your results - each submitted operation is charged 1 unit on top of the 50% charge upon completion.  I'm checking with the core engineers to see if we can resolve this discrepancy.

- Kevin Winter
AdWords API Team

Vincent

May 29, 2012, 2:18:44 PM5/29/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,

Thank you your answer.

In the meantime, would it be possible to reset our API quota for this month ?
Because of this issue, we have overcome the free limit, forcing us to reduce our API usage and paying for extra API units.

Best regards

Kevin Winter

May 29, 2012, 3:07:46 PM5/29/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  Can you please respond to me off-list with your MCC CID?

- Kevin Winter
AdWords API Team

Vincent

May 30, 2012, 8:19:41 AM5/30/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Can you confirm you've received my direct message because I did not get any feedback (no mail and no confirmation from the interface). I've sent it twice.