Sandbox Account Viewer returns Error "(404) Not Found"

wn

Mar 13, 2012, 12:30:26 PM3/13/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I've been using the Sandbox Account Viewer for quite some time now
successfully, but since today I see a strange behaviour:
I can log in but when I try to view existing campaigns, I get
the error-message "(404) Not Found".

I've re-initialized all 5 client-accounts and uploaded data to some
of these accounts (without an error!) and I can even see this data
when I call example-code like "GetAllCampaigns.java",  but every
operation in the Sandbox Account Viewer except login throws the
aforementioned error.

Am I missing something here?

Thanx, and regards,
-Wolfram

Slava

Mar 13, 2012, 2:17:48 PM3/13/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
same here! :)

mmasters

Mar 13, 2012, 9:11:23 PM3/13/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I'm seeing the same problem. It started yesterday for me.

Martin

Mar 14, 2012, 4:44:37 AM3/14/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
same

Anash P. Oommen

Mar 14, 2012, 5:21:06 AM3/14/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Are you using the latest version of the Sandbox account viewer? We sunsetted all API versions prior to v201109 recently, so if you have an older version of sandbox account viewer , chances are that it is trying to make calls to an API version that was sunset and hence giving 404 errors.

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

On Wednesday, 14 March 2012 14:14:37 UTC+5:30, Martin wrote:
same

jsloyan

Mar 14, 2012, 5:49:05 AM3/14/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Anash,

I am using version 1.3.1 of the Sandbox Viewer and still experiencing the same problem.  Can you confirm that this is the latest version of the Sandbox Viewer, or provide a link to a compatible version of the Sandbox Viewer?

Thanks,

John

wn

Mar 14, 2012, 5:49:53 AM3/14/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anash,

thank you for looking into this!

I'm using the latest available version (v1.3.1 from January, 24th). Is it possible that
this version is outdated?

Regards,
-Wolfram

mmasters

Mar 14, 2012, 11:55:02 AM3/14/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com

I tried opening up sandbox-account-viewer-1.3.1.jar and it looks like it needs to be upgraded to v201109.

u...@taykey.com

Mar 15, 2012, 8:29:52 AM3/15/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
i got the same problem
is there anyway to fix it ?

בתאריך יום שלישי, 13 במרס 2012 18:30:26 UTC+2, מאת wn:

Pranav Dubey

Mar 15, 2012, 8:34:32 AM3/15/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I am using the latest version and still getting the same error.

Regards,
Pranav Dubey

wn

Mar 15, 2012, 9:50:22 AM3/15/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

for what it's worth: I've managed to quick-fix (nothing more!!) the SandboxAccountViewer
since I needed it desperatly.

This is what I did:
- imported the sources into Eclipse (follow download-link here: http://code.google.com/p/google-api-adwords-java/wiki/SandboxAccountViewer )
- added the newest adwords-library (v8.5.0)
- replaced all references to pre-201109 calls with 201109 (don't forget Service-calls like "AdWordsService.V201109.CAMPAIGN_SERVICE")
- commented out references to classes unsupported by 201109 like CampaignTarget->DemographicTarget->AgeTarget, GenderTarget etc
  (compiler will show you what to comment out)
- and finally used a real client-id  (like "12345") instead of "client...@gmail.com in the user-credentials.

Again: I really know this is bad practise, even worse to publish this here, but it helped me a lot in my
situation and maybe it will help somebody else who like me cannot afford to wait for an official fix to this
problem.

Cheers,
-Wolfram

Víctor Rojas

Mar 15, 2012, 5:49:59 PM3/15/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for your help =)
I have a question, how can I know what is my real client-id (I have only used adwords with sandbox, I'm not subscribe to real adwords) ?

Thanks,

wn

Mar 15, 2012, 6:04:32 PM3/15/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Victor,

I have a question, how can I know what is my real client-id (I have only used adwords with sandbox, I'm not subscribe to real adwords) ?

together with the java adwords-library comes some example-code.
One of these programs is called GetClientCustomerId.java.
The simplest way to find out the client-id might be to take a look at it, insert
your client-email-address (e.g. "client...@gmail.com") in line 52 and
initialize the program with your sandbox-credentials.

HTH,
-Wolfram

Anash P. Oommen

Mar 16, 2012, 5:21:18 AM3/16/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Wolfram,

Could you please open an issue at http://code.google.com/p/google-api-ads-java/issues/list about this?

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Win Ko Aye

Mar 16, 2012, 6:11:52 AM3/16/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I just wanna share the sandbox viewer I fixed for new api version. The fix includes Campaign Targeting changes which are moved to Campaign Criterion.

You have to use the client ID for new version.

Cheers,
Win Ko
sandbox-account-viewer-1.3.1+.jar

Eric Koleda

Apr 2, 2012, 4:12:49 PM4/2/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I'm a little late to this thread, but the official release of the Sandbox Account Viewer has also been updated:

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team