Video Ads - How to pull metrics from Adwords API.

Nakul Ringshia

Jan 25, 2012, 7:16:36 AM1/25/12
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi

I need to pull the following metrics for the video ads
Ad
Ad previews
Video
Impressions
View Rate
Avg. CPV
Total Cost
Website clicks

I looked at the Ad Performance reports but it does not provide the
above fields. How can the retrieve the above metrics using the AdWords
API.

Eric Koleda

Jan 30, 2012, 3:23:24 PM1/30/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi Nakul,

AdWords for Video campaigns and their statistics are not accessible using the AdWords API.

Best,
- Eric Koleda, AdWords API Team

Clay

Jun 1, 2012, 10:26:01 AM6/1/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
We have the same interest (reporting on video ads in the API).  Is this still true?

Danial Klimkin

Jun 4, 2012, 7:43:43 AM6/4/12
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Clay,

Yes, at the moment.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

AdWordsAPIAdvisor

Dec 5, 2012, 3:56:42 AM12/5/12
to aar...@gmail.com, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hello Aaron,

Thanks for checking in. Unfortunately, this functionality is still not
available.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

Original Message Follows:
------------------------
From: Aaron Strauss <aar...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Video Ads - How to pull metrics from Adwords API.
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 07:23:44 -0800 (PST)

> Since it's been a few months since the last post, I'd like to also
indicate
> my interest for these metrics.
> --

David Torres

Mar 1, 2013, 4:50:09 PM3/1/13
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

There is no ETA to communicate at this moment.

Best,

- David Torres - AdWords API Team

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:05:06 AM UTC-5, jdor...@expandonline.nl wrote:
Is there any ETA whatsoever (even if it's in terms of months) when this functionality will be available? Accounts with both online and video campaigns have quite deceitful reports because the Cost/Clicks/Impression data for Video campaigns is missing from them. It makes automated invoicing of these accounts impossible, which is quite painful.

ken.kw...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2013, 1:39:50 PM3/19/13
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
I realize from this thread that video ad reporting is not supported by this api but just want to cast another vote in favour of adding such support.
thanks!
ken

Mario Colombo

May 28, 2013, 8:51:38 AM5/28/13
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
How about now?

David Torres (AdWords API Team)

May 29, 2013, 8:52:31 PM5/29/13
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi,

We still have no update to communicate in this regard.

Best,

- David Torres - AdWords API Team

Dushyant Sharma

Oct 24, 2013, 5:31:07 AM10/24/13
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adword team,

Just want to check is there any update on the same topic. Can we now get the metrics for the video ads through API.

Dushyant Sharma

Oct 24, 2013, 9:23:13 AM10/24/13
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi Adwords Team,

Is there any update on the same topic, can we now download metrics for the video ads through adwords API.

Paul Haefele

Jan 2, 2014, 8:34:05 AM1/2/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi Adwords Team,

It is 2014 and was wondering if these metrics are available yet via the API?

Many thanks,
Paul

Ray Tsang (AdWords API Team)

Jan 17, 2014, 10:30:20 AM1/17/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Paul,

We have no update at the moment.

--
Ray Tsang (AdWords API Advisor)

max

Feb 24, 2014, 1:00:33 PM2/24/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi Adwords Team,

If it is not available through adwords, is there somewhere else it is available from? I don't understand how it can take more than 2 years for google to make data for video campaigns that are set up through adwords available in adwords.

i need to access video campaign data automatically, if it is not available through the adwords api - is there some other way to achieve it? scheduled email reports? ftp transfer? youtube api?

thanks

Timm Janssen

Apr 9, 2014, 5:00:18 AM4/9/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi AdWords API Team,

can we hope for any updates with the upcoming upgrade of video campaigns?

This topic is now more than 2 years old - the new shopping campaigns were supported right from the start.
It would even help me to know if it is planned to implement video campaign reporting at all.

BR,
Timm

Danial Klimkin

Apr 9, 2014, 8:48:33 AM4/9/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello Timm,

Unfortunately we have no further communication at this time.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

Stephane

Jun 26, 2014, 2:18:40 PM6/26/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi,

Any update on this or possible release date? This is one of the most requested feature among our clients.

Thanks,

Stéphane

Danial Klimkin

Jun 27, 2014, 7:45:42 AM6/27/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello Stéphane,

Unfortunately not at this time.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

Ed-

Jul 17, 2014, 4:28:49 PM7/17/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi,

I just noticed there is a new version of the API - 201406, could not find anything about download metrics about video ads.

Any update on this question?

Thank you,

Danial Klimkin

Jul 18, 2014, 6:57:14 AM7/18/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello Ed,

Unfortunately no, nothing related to AdWords for Video in v201406.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

byron elton

Sep 22, 2014, 2:10:46 PM9/22/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com

This is super frustrating not being able to automate this process. We went ahead and developed an excel program that one can upload a monthly report of statistics for individual clients at the campaign level, or multiple clients from the MCC to help take care of this problem. We'd be happy to sell this to anybody interested. It's not fully automated but it helps give a professional looking document for clients to see. All you have to do is upload the excel file that Adwords give you, and then you can press a button to export as a pdf to send off to clients. Let me know if you're interested

Kevin Moritz

Oct 13, 2014, 2:45:53 PM10/13/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
in v201409, I still don't see anything related to video campaign stats...

Does it still not exist?  If so, are there plans to incorporate this into the API in the future?

Kevin

Michael Cloonan (AdWords API Team)

Oct 14, 2014, 9:35:44 AM10/14/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello Kevin,

Video ads are still not supported in v201409. I'm not able to comment about our plans for future releases.

Regards,
Mike, AdWords API Team

Francesco Boano

Nov 24, 2014, 5:09:08 AM11/24/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi!
Since a few days, the account we used to downalod CSV reports via email (only mail access), needs to perform a login before downloading the report: this makes the process more complex as this solution was exploited because API are not working for videos.
Would there be an easier method for downloading  CSV video reports ?

Thanks

max

Nov 25, 2014, 4:29:32 AM11/25/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
We're facing exactly the same issue. Really struggling to understand why google are making it so difficult to access Youtube data without logging in to adwords

she...@zenmarketing.co

Dec 22, 2014, 2:46:34 PM12/22/14
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello everyone:

I am facing this problem. Can someone tell me how to get the automated email reports daily for this video ad? I am uanble to find the daily report.

Also, when will the API be available?

Shengyi

CJ

Jan 9, 2015, 9:45:13 PM1/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Just joining in the fun on this one. Almost been 3 years since the original question. Any updates on when it will be in the API or other ways to automate video campaign reporting?

Thanks,
CJ

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Jan 12, 2015, 10:57:33 AM1/12/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi CJ,

We're aware that there's a lot of interest in this functionality, but unfortunately I don't have any updates at this time.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Jamie Quint

Mar 5, 2015, 5:37:50 PM3/5/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi Josh,

We'd like to register our need for this functionality as well, can you provide any context for why this has not been added in yet? There seems to be quite a bit of demand for programatic access to reporting here.

Best,
Jamie

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Mar 6, 2015, 10:40:08 AM3/6/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi Jamie,

The engineering team is still looking into this, but unfortunately I don't have an ETA at this point.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

Garik Goldsheyd

Mar 27, 2015, 2:50:53 PM3/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Would like to see when AdWords Video metrics would be included in the API as we have some developers standing by to implement automated reporting tools and I need to know if I need to do daily CVS dumps or if there can be a more refined process.

Thank you

Josh Radcliff (AdWords API Team)

Mar 27, 2015, 4:43:32 PM3/27/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I don't have a date at this point for when or if AdWords for Video metrics will be available in reports. I would not expect this to happen in the near future, so if you have a need for this data now then I'd recommend using the CSV approach.

Thanks,
Josh, AdWords API Team

dan...@orionckb.com

Apr 24, 2015, 10:05:54 AM4/24/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com
Throwing in my hat to the "this is ridiculous that a 3 year old feature is not in the API" ring.

Chris Alvares

Jun 1, 2015, 5:26:06 PM6/1/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
+1 to this feature being added.

Jonathan Dawson

Jun 9, 2015, 8:43:48 AM6/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
+1 for this functionality being added.. It'd make life so much easier/faster

Refik Turkeli

Jun 9, 2015, 8:43:53 AM6/9/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Our company needs this as well.

Chip

Jun 29, 2015, 8:39:59 AM6/29/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
I've found that you can *kind of* do this by querying the Budget Performance Report API. Some more details are here: http://goo.gl/gKoU6h. You'll notice that you have change the column names:

Impressions > Views
Clicks > View Rate
AverageCpc > Cost Per View
Cost > Cost
Converted Clicks > Converted Clicks
View Through Conversions > View Through Conversions

Unfortunately it doesn't give you any more specific information than those metrics.

Zweitze

Jun 30, 2015, 9:04:46 AM6/30/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Thank you Chip!
I can confirm it works for me. And you don't need to know the name of the Youtube campaign: leave out the filter and you get all campaigns - online and video campaigns. I also noticed you get the video campaigns when IncludeZeroImpressions is set to True.

Can someone from Adwords API team confirm that this behaviour is intended?

Note that BUDGET_PERFORMANCE_REPORT does *not* support a date column. That's OK for me, I just download hundreds of reports of one day each. But Google may not like this too much, and change its behaviour...

Any thoughts?

Danial Klimkin

Jul 2, 2015, 7:11:31 AM7/2/15
to adwor...@googlegroups.com, zwe...@gmail.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello Zweitze,

We don't plan to change this behavior for the released API versions.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

Justin Coon

Aug 3, 2015, 10:09:31 AM8/3/15
to AdWords API Forum, zwe...@gmail.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Any updates on this?

Danial Klimkin

Aug 13, 2015, 6:25:25 AM8/13/15
to AdWords API Forum, zwe...@gmail.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello Justin,

We have no updates at the moment.

-Danial, AdWords API Team.

Jackson Wilson

Aug 19, 2015, 12:36:19 PM8/19/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
I find it interesting that "All Campaigns" only includes "Search" and "Display" but not "Video" ... Maybe you could solve the problem by renaming "Video Campaigns" to something that doesn't include the word "Campaign."

Joining the thread as yet another video and search advertiser that needs a way to pull video campaign data down through the AdWords API's.

Umesh Dengale

Aug 19, 2015, 3:30:15 PM8/19/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello,

Currently, there is no support for video campaigns and reporting on video ads in the AdWords API. Please watch our blog for all new feature announcements.

Thanks,
Umesh, AdWords API Team.

Dev Tecteam

Sep 1, 2015, 10:51:57 AM9/1/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
As Google will remove Youtube access for Doubleclick advertisers on january 1st 2016 the only available  solution will be to create Trueview campaigns.
4 months to deal with this huge change and there isn't API to create & manage trueview campaigns.
Any idea of when it'll be available or at least if it's on Google API team plans ?

Umesh Dengale

Sep 1, 2015, 4:29:32 PM9/1/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello,

The AdWords API does not support the trueview campaigns. Currently, we don't have any plans to support the trueview campaigns.

Justin Coon

Sep 1, 2015, 4:31:17 PM9/1/15
to adwordsapia...@google.com, nakul.h....@accenture.com, AdWords API Forum

We are painfully aware that Trueview data is not available...hence all the replies...we need to have this

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/08768fd3-5118-4ed4-9d44-df9cda968cff%40googlegroups.com.

Ed-

Sep 1, 2015, 4:56:52 PM9/1/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi Umesh,

I believe the reason so many people ask to have this kind of campaign exposed by the API is triggered by Google AdWords account teams. I work for a agency that year after year is pushed to have more and more video ads, so I have performance and strategy directors asking me time and time again why our reports don't show video campaigns. The look they give me when I say the API has no such data is a mix of disbelief and yougotabejoking...

It is not possible to scale campaigns without report and analysis automation - and without the API we are stuck in 2002; hence so many people bugging you with the same question for 3 years.

Maybe it is about time for you guys from API dev to reach out with account teams selling ad services and get to the same page... Is video ads a priority? Google is sending mixed signals on this front.

Cheers,
Edelmar

Justin Coon

Sep 1, 2015, 5:04:01 PM9/1/15
to ezie...@cadastra.com.br, nakul.h....@accenture.com, AdWords API Forum

Well said!

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.

Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)

Sep 1, 2015, 11:46:09 PM9/1/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello,

Thanks for your valuable opinion.
Of course, we pass this feedback to the responsible team for feature release and they are aware of this demand.
Unfortunately, it's not planned in very near future release.

Cheers,
Thanet, AdWords API Team

Eric W

Sep 10, 2015, 6:03:26 PM9/10/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
From my marketing director today: "Sorry bro – but I guess we should kill the bleeding on this and just pause these new InStreams.  I don’t know what else to do here…..very sad."

Possibly some of these were making a small amount of money, but his instinct is 100% correct that you can't run this stuff blindly - stats change wildly from week to week, and it is not feasible to optimize these on a continuous basis without data. "Trust me, you will make money" is not a business strategy.

I wish EVERY marketing department had the guts to make these kind of decisions, because it would cause enough of a revenue drop to prompt google-AdWords to make the data available to the people who are paying to run the media.

For now, I am off this thread and on to something more productive (which is anything). Good luck to all of you!
-- EE

Jamie Quint

Sep 15, 2015, 4:21:29 PM9/15/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
With the changes to AdWords for Video and the announcement that its being added to the AdWords interface (http://searchengineland.com/google-brings-youtube-trueview-campaigns-into-the-adwords-fold-229332) are you (finally) going to be supporting reporting for these TrueView campaigns within the AdWords interface as well?

Umesh Dengale

Sep 15, 2015, 5:19:36 PM9/15/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello,

This forum is related to the AdWords API. Please post your question in the AdWords community.

Jamie Quint

Sep 15, 2015, 6:19:05 PM9/15/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
To clarify, will you be supporting reporting for Video through the AdWords API now that the front-end interface for AdWords for Video/TrueView Video is also integrated.

Zweitze

Sep 16, 2015, 9:17:51 AM9/16/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Nowadays video campaigns appear to be visible in Google Analytics. Just ask for the ga:campaign field, the video campaigns are there. You can filter for them using ga:adDistributionNetwork==unknown.

Apparently this change was introduced in July. I could not find any official announcement.

Umesh Dengale

Sep 16, 2015, 10:13:11 AM9/16/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello,

We can't comment on the future releases of the AdWords API. Please refer to the AdWords API blog for any updates or announcements.

max lewis

Oct 7, 2015, 12:44:10 PM10/7/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Has anyone else following this thread noticed the recent addition of 'views' as a metric in various reports in the API, eg in the campaign performance report? We noticed this today and it seems as though adding that metric into your API query will result in TrueView/Youtube/Video campaigns being included and identifiable via the 'views' column. It appears to lack some metrics such as thubmnail impressions but is a definite improvement.

I also noticed that the video campaigns performance report is also now available via the API but i'm not sure how that works as the video performance report i pull via the interface doesn't match the 'videos' tab i see in adwords.

anyway, hope this post is of some use to some of you!

Umesh Dengale

Oct 7, 2015, 3:38:25 PM10/7/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello,

The AdWords API v201509 supports TrueView campaigns that have migrated from AdWords for video, and several reports now include statistics and new metrics for these campaigns. The new VIDEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT will give statistics for your account's upgraded AdWords for Video campaigns. Please check release notes for complete lists of changes and added features.

Cheers,
Umesh, AdWords API Team.

Akshay Surve

Oct 18, 2015, 2:43:03 PM10/18/15
to AdWords API Forum
Great to know that video perf is available on reporting!

Are there any updates to creation of Video Campaigns?

Umesh Dengale

Oct 19, 2015, 9:24:12 AM10/19/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

The AdWords API v201509 supports TrueView campaigns that have migrated from AdWords for video, and several reports now include statistics and new metrics for these campaigns. The new VIDEO_PERFORMANCE_REPORT will give statistics for your account's upgraded AdWords for Video campaigns.

The AdWords API does not support creating or updating video campaigns.  Please check release notes for complete lists of changes and added features. Please refer to the AdWords API blog for any updates or announcements.

Regards,
Umesh, AdWords API Team.

Justin Coon

Oct 19, 2015, 9:56:08 AM10/19/15
to Umesh Dengale, AdWords API Forum
Thank you AdWords and API team for listening to your customers needs and responding appropriately

Justin Coon
Software Architect
Campaignium

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/adwords-api.

sagun....@frequence.com

Nov 18, 2015, 8:40:39 AM11/18/15
to AdWords API Forum

Hi AdWords API Team,

Are you going to support creating/updating video campaigns in the next release?

Thanks,
Sagun

Umesh Dengale

Nov 18, 2015, 9:24:46 AM11/18/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Sagun,

We can't comment on the future features of the AdWords API. Please keep an eye on our AdWords API blog for any updates or announcements.

VJ

Dec 15, 2015, 8:12:06 PM12/15/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello Team,

In adwords api v201509 is there any update for video ads campaigns data matrics??

Is it available now?

Anthony Madrigal

Dec 16, 2015, 9:50:52 AM12/16/15
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hello,

Please see the Video Performance Report. It includes the metrics VideoId, VideoViews, VideoViewRate, Clicks, Cost, AverageCpv and Impressions.

Cheers,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

sagun....@frequence.com

Mar 16, 2016, 12:08:53 PM3/16/16
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi AdWords API Team,

Is there any update on adding a support in API to create/update video campaigns?

Thanks,
Sagun

Anthony Madrigal

Mar 16, 2016, 12:32:52 PM3/16/16
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi Sagun,

There are currently no updates to whether or when the API will support video campaigns.

You can follow our blog to get any announcements regarding this.

sagun....@frequence.com

sagun....@frequence.com

Apr 13, 2017, 1:01:53 PM4/13/17
to AdWords API Forum, nakul.h....@accenture.com
Hi AdWords API Team,

Just wanted to check if there is any update on adding a support in API to create/update video campaigns? We have been waiting for this for long time now. It would be really helpful if you guys can add this support so we can create those campaigns through API.

Thanks,
Sagun

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Apr 13, 2017, 2:36:35 PM4/13/17
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Sagun,

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, the video campaigns are not yet supported by the API except in reports. The team is already aware of the request for this feature but we can't comment on when it will be available.

Thanks,
Sreelakshmi, AdWords API Team

sagun....@frequence.com

Apr 6, 2018, 1:23:19 AM4/6/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi AdWords API Team,

Just wanted to check if there is any update on adding a support in API to create/update video campaigns? It's been couple of years now. Are you planning to add the API sooner?

Thanks,
Sagun

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Apr 6, 2018, 1:13:38 PM4/6/18
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Sagun,

We don't have any updates yet. You will still have to use the UI to manage a video campaign. Please keep an eye on our blog for any updates and announcements about the API.

Ryan Allan

Oct 19, 2018, 4:45:25 PM10/19/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
HI there, as it's been another 6 months since the last reply, just wanted to check if there's been any improvements in this area, can we do anything other than reporting with video campaigns via the API?

Sreelakshmi Sasidharan (AdWords API Team)

Oct 22, 2018, 12:10:01 PM10/22/18
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hello,

We don't have any updates yet. The video campaigns are still only supported via reports in the AdWords API.