Could not load OpenGLES emulation library on ADT 20 preview 3

Giuseppe

Jun 16, 2012, 7:49:43 AM6/16/12
to adt...@googlegroups.com
Getting the subject error with ADT 20 preview 3

Tor Norbye

Jun 16, 2012, 10:17:31 AM6/16/12
to adt...@googlegroups.com
Is this on a Mac? If so, it's probably http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=32577. If not, please file a bug.

-- Tor

Giuseppe Porcelli

Jun 16, 2012, 10:33:30 AM6/16/12
to adt...@googlegroups.com
no this is on windows.

Raphaël Moll

Jun 16, 2012, 1:11:08 PM6/16/12
to adt...@googlegroups.com
Please provide us with more information; that's just not enough to be
really useful.

Create a new bug on b.android.com using the Tools Bug Report template
and attach the following information:

1- Please indicate your OS (there's more than 1 version of windows)

2- Please indicate what AVD configuration you're using. Platform,
target, system image (arm, x86), hw properties...

=> The simplest way is to provide your AVD config files; There are 2 files:
- C:\Users\<your username>\.android\avd\<your avd name>.ini
- C:\Users\<your username>\.android\avd\<your avd name>.avd\config.ini

3- run the emulator from the command line with debug information:
a- Start menu > find cmd.exe
b- enter something like
cd \path\to\sdk
emulator @avd_name -debug all > info.txt

just let the emulator boot a few seconds till you see the "android"
logo and close it. The useful info is at the beginning of the debug
info.

Attach all these files to the bug then give us the bug number or URL
here and we'll follow up.

Thanks in advance
R/

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 7:33 AM, Giuseppe Porcelli
<porcelli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> no this is on windows.

Giuseppe Porcelli

Jun 17, 2012, 1:36:57 AM6/17/12
to adt...@googlegroups.com
Why to open a new Bug Report when there is one still not solved with my same PC config and error?  http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=28715
If you beleive my case could be different, I will fill now, but please consider that my problem is exactly copy of the problem in the above link.

Giuseppe

Eric Cloninger

Jun 17, 2012, 7:14:53 PM6/17/12
to adt...@googlegroups.com
Could this be related to the issue I reported earlier on Windows 7? I
did not file a bug, but the details are in the email.

-E

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 12:36 AM, Giuseppe Porcelli

Giuseppe Porcelli- FINM

Jun 18, 2012, 6:06:47 AM6/18/12
to adt...@googlegroups.com
What email do you mean? Where is it?

The one titled "OpenGL issues in emulator with Tools20 preview".

-E

Raphaël Moll

Jun 18, 2012, 3:23:30 PM6/18/12
to adt...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Giuseppe Porcelli
<porcelli...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why to open a new Bug Report when there is one still not solved with my same
> PC config and error?
> http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=28715
> If you beleive my case could be different, I will fill now, but please
> consider that my problem is exactly copy of the problem in the above link.

Thanks for providing that extra information now. Your original email
didn't mention any similarity to any existing bug, so it would be hard
to guess.

I'd still suggest you create a new bug with the requested details.
Without the details it's not clear whether this is really a duplicate
and having extra info would helps us understand the situation.

R/

Giuseppe Porcelli

Jun 19, 2012, 3:17:36 AM6/19/12
to adt...@googlegroups.com
I followed your suggestion, the report number is  33336

Xavier Ducrohet

Aug 7, 2012, 2:35:06 PM8/7/12
to adt...@googlegroups.com
Are you running the latest tools? Make sure you don't just updated ADT but also the tools (where the emulator lives)

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 9:59 AM, Abdul Rasheed Tutakhail <rasheed....@gmail.com> wrote:
I have the same error on Ubuntu 11.10 with Nvidia GPU. I guess it has something to do with the Nvidia Graphic cards, are there no solutions yet? Its getting frustrating

--
Xavier Ducrohet
Android SDK Tech Lead

Please do not send me questions directly. Thanks!

Abdul Rasheed Tutakhail

Aug 10, 2012, 1:37:46 PM8/10/12
to adt...@googlegroups.com
Yes I am, i didnt update anything but installed the latest ADT from http://developer.android.com/tools along with the latest SDK on Eclipse Indigo. I have Java 7 installed. Launching the emulator from eclipse would simply crash. From Shell it throws the above error and then launches the Emulator, i just realized i can actually execute my applications the emulator launched from CLI.