block an ad on this page broken

Jonathan Harker

Jan 10, 2012, 10:13:53 PM1/10/12
to adblockforchrome-discuss
The "block an ad on this page" button is not working on chrome 18 with
the new API activated. If you press it nothing happens at all. Also,
little panels are popping up saying:
"This webpage was blocked by an extension
A third-party extension has blocked access to this webpage.
Here are some suggestions:
Disable your extensions and then reload this webpage.
Error 20 (net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT): Requests to the server have
been blocked by an "

This appears to be generated by chrome. This might mean that chrome
will put one of this windows in place of ads blocked by Adblock.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this issues, if it
isn't please tell me where.

Jonathan

Jonathan Harker

Jan 11, 2012, 1:56:55 AM1/11/12
to adblockforchrome-discuss
BTW, the site where i'm seeing the chrome message is this:
http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=5959

If the channel is not transmitting try this one:
http://tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=6764

There is element overlaying the player as soon as it loads and a
smaller one pops up every few minutes with the same message. These are
obviously ads that were blocked by adblock but for some reason chrome
is inserting a message in it's place.

Jonathan

Johnny

Jan 11, 2012, 8:20:07 AM1/11/12
to adblockforchrome-discuss
There is a critical bug filed in the issue tracker for Chrome 18. But
it's ready for release so it should be fixed soon:
http://code.google.com/p/adblockforchrome/issues/detail?id=6360

John

Michael Gundlach

Jan 11, 2012, 8:20:02 AM1/11/12
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jonathan,

This is a bug in Chrome 18 that we're working around in AdBlock.  You can either wait a few days and then update AdBlock to get the fix, or downgrade to Chrome 17 for now.

Thanks!
Michael

Michael Gundlach

Jan 11, 2012, 8:21:35 AM1/11/12
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com
Wow John, what's the chance that you and I would answer a 6-hour-old thread at the same time?  Crazy :)

Jonathan Harker

Jan 11, 2012, 9:00:42 AM1/11/12
to adblockforchrome-discuss
wow, thx for super quick reponses :)

On Jan 11, 5:21 am, Michael Gundlach <adblockforchr...@gmail.com>

joeta...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2013, 4:13:57 PM4/25/13
to adblockforch...@googlegroups.com
This bug has returned in 2013. Latest released versions of both Chrome & AdBlock Plus!

Kieran Peckett

Apr 25, 2013, 4:17:29 PM4/25/13
to joeta...@gmail.com, adblockforch...@googlegroups.com
This is AdBlock, an unrelated project to AdBlock Plus. Please see http://adblockplus.org to report it to them.