AcoustID questions on the MetaBrainz forum

Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen

Oct 18, 2017, 6:30:56 AM10/18/17
to acou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lukáš and the rest of the AcoustID community,

In our forums at MetaBrainz, we frequently get questions related to
AcoustID (in particular in relation to MusicBrainz); see e.g.,
https://community.metabrainz.org/tags/acoustid

As MetaBrainz's community manager I often don't know what exactly to do
with these, so now I'm reaching out to you all. :)

Should we answer them there and leave it as it is?
Should we answer and tell them to redirect future questions here?
Should we redirect them here and not give an answer there?

Alternatively, instead of "just" having an "acoustid" tag on our forums,
do you want a dedicated "category" (e.g., like
https://community.metabrainz.org/c/musicbrainz )?
I know AcoustID is not a MetaBrainz project and people are already
plenty confused about that—having us host a forum for you is not likely
to decrease this confusion. On the other hand, we do get a fair amount
of questions/discussion there (more so than some of our other projects
that do have dedicated categories), so it might also be good to have
some more official "AcoustID eyes" look over them.

Anyway, please let me know what you think!

--
Sincerely,
Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen

signature.asc

Lukáš Lalinský

Oct 22, 2017, 6:29:16 AM10/22/17
to Acoustid
The problem with answering these questions is that AcoustID is a one
man project and not even something I do full time, so it's hard for me
to find the time to answer these quickly.

This mailing list is not a good place for discussions, so I'd be happy
to use the MB Discourse as the "official" forum.

Lukas

Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen

Oct 26, 2017, 11:30:33 AM10/26/17
to acou...@googlegroups.com, Lukáš Lalinský
Den 22-10-2017 kl. 12:28 skrev Lukáš Lalinský:
> The problem with answering these questions is that AcoustID is a one
> man project and not even something I do full time, so it's hard for me
> to find the time to answer these quickly.

Yes, I get that, and I'd be happy to "lend" the MetaBrainz community
(forums) to help alleviate you from being the only one to respond.

> This mailing list is not a good place for discussions, so I'd be happy
> to use the MB Discourse as the "official" forum.

After a very convincing consensus[1] at last Monday's meeting, I have
now created an AcoustID category on our forums:
https://community.metabrainz.org/c/acoustid

I have made you, Lukáš, the owner of the "about" post, so if you want to
change (or completely rewrite) it, go ahead:
https://community.metabrainz.org/t/about-the-acoustid-category/338581

I also made an "@AcoustID" group, just in case there's ever more than
just you deeply involved with the project/service:
https://community.metabrainz.org/groups/AcoustID

Thanks!

[1] https://chatlogs.metabrainz.org/brainzbot/metabrainz/msg/4025990/
signature.asc

Philipp Wolfer

Oct 26, 2017, 11:45:00 AM10/26/17
to acou...@googlegroups.com
Am 26.10.2017 5:30 nachm. schrieb "Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen" <fr...@metabrainz.org>:

After a very convincing consensus[1] at last Monday's meeting, I have
now created an AcoustID category on our forums:
https://community.metabrainz.org/c/acoustid

I took the freedom and moved some discussions which were clearly about AcoustId from "General Chatter" to the new category.

Philipp

--
Philipp Wolfer

parolu – work together smoothly
https://www.parolu.io

All-in-one collaboration tool for designers, developers & project managers

Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen

Oct 26, 2017, 11:51:47 AM10/26/17
to acou...@googlegroups.com
Den 26-10-2017 kl. 17:44 skrev Philipp Wolfer:
> Am 26.10.2017 5:30 nachm. schrieb "Frederik “Freso” S. Olesen"
> <fr...@metabrainz.org>:
>> After a very convincing consensus[1] at last Monday's meeting, I have
>> now created an AcoustID category on our forums:
>> https://community.metabrainz.org/c/acoustid
>
> I took the freedom and moved some discussions which were clearly about
> AcoustId from "General Chatter" to the new category.

Thanks! That was going to be my next to-do item, but now I've saved that
time. :)
signature.asc