Is it possible to create clickable web links?

Shawn McCool

Jul 18, 2013, 6:56:49 PM7/18/13
to ace-d...@googlegroups.com
I'll like to be able to click links such as http://google.com

Is this built into the app or would I need to add it?

Harutyun Amirjanyan

Jul 19, 2013, 5:58:38 PM7/19/13
to ace-d...@googlegroups.com
it depends where do you want to create them
should they be always visible or only while holding ctrl or some other modifier?

Shawn McCool

Aug 12, 2013, 12:16:34 PM8/12/13
to ace-d...@googlegroups.com
I'd like for them to be always visible.

Scott Goldwater

Apr 1, 2014, 4:34:40 PM4/1/14
to ace-d...@googlegroups.com
+1 I have the same question

Harutyun Amirjanyan

Apr 11, 2014, 3:24:17 PM4/11/14
to ace-d...@googlegroups.com
see http://jsbin.com/jehopaja/4/edit for an example of doing this

nicolas carpenter

Sep 11, 2014, 6:57:37 PM9/11/14
to ace-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for this, I'd really like to have this functionality. I'm seeing an issue with this where sometimes this does not get cleared after clicking on the link, so subsequently, if you click within the editor NOT on the link (after you've already clicked on the link) it will still try to open the link. This happens even on the linked example, intermittently (you must click the button "Run with JS" first). I've tried multiple browsers to the same affect. Any idea why this is happening? I'm at a loss.

Thanks,
Nic

Harutyun Amirjanyan

Sep 11, 2014, 8:15:51 PM9/11/14
to ace-d...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to add this.link = null; in this.clear function see
http://jsbin.com/jehopaja/30/edit

nicolas carpenter

Sep 12, 2014, 12:21:42 PM9/12/14
to ace-d...@googlegroups.com