Suggestion: Export files embedded in rich text comments

Tony G

Dec 29, 2015, 12:08:19 PM12/29/15
to abstractspoon-t...@googlegroups.com
Can we export an embedded file from rich text?

Copy/paste a file into a rich text field, and embed a copy of the file.
From here is there any way to export it?

Drag/drop of the icon to the file system doesn't work.
Copy/paste of the icon doesn't work.

For a file that opens directly to an application (like an Excel XLSX file) we may be able to use that app to Save As.
But consider a BAT file where we don't want to open/execute it, we want to open with a text editor.

The only way I see so far is that some files are temporarily saved in the Temp folder, and then opened with their default application from there. With the explorer open we can copy the file from there while it is open (or while TDL is prompting for which application to use). This is not a reliable method.
That folder is: C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Temp

If this is not a supported feature and it's considered a good suggestion I will change this to a feature request.

Thanks.

.dan.g.

Jan 1, 2016, 7:42:43 AM1/1/16
to ToDoList (AbstractSpoon) Support
I've changed this to a suggestion so that I can look into it for 7.1.