systemd servicefile for licensing server

Joe Slam

Jun 28, 2016, 2:27:34 PM6/28/16
to ABBYY OCR for Linux
Hi there,

could somebody please give an example how a systemd -servicefile should look like in order to start the licensing server during boot?

thx in advance

Joe

Joe Slam

Sep 10, 2016, 7:25:57 AM9/10/16
to ABBYY OCR for Linux
Mine looks like this and does not work:

/etc/systemd/system/abbyy-licence.service

[Unit]
Description=ABBYY-OCR Licence Service
After=network.target network-online.target

[Service]
Type=simple
ExecStart=/opt/ABBYYOCR11/abbyy-fre11-licensing-service start

# Give a reasonable amount of time for the server to start up/shut down
TimeoutSec=300

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Denis Lapuente

Sep 30, 2016, 6:36:21 AM9/30/16
to ABBYY OCR for Linux
Hi Joe,

sorry for the delay in the response. I hadn't been able to make the licensing service with systemd, and it should be noted that as of now, systemd is still officially not supported.

This said, I have finally managed to make it work with the following Unit file:

[Unit]

Description=ABBYY-OCR Licence Service

After=network.target network-online.target

[Service]

Type=forking

Environment=LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/ABBYYOCR11:/usr/local/lib/ABBYY/SDK/11/Licensing

ExecStart=/usr/local/bin/ABBYY/SDK/11/Licensing/LicensingService -start

ExecStop=/usr/local/bin/ABBYY/SDK/11/Licensing/LicensingService -stop

WorkingDirectory=/usr/local/lib/ABBYY/SDK/11/Licensing

# Give a reasonable amount of time for the server to start up/shut down

TimeoutSec=300

[Install]

WantedBy=multi-user.target

Again, while this has put it to work, this isn't officially supported, so use it at your own risk.

Kind regards,
Denis Lapuente
ABBYY Europe Technical Support Team

Joe Slam