Timeline and Map in same TW: report

Alex Hough

Jul 15, 2015, 7:58:25 AM7/15/15
to TiddlyWiki
I've just to say I've got timeline and the map working together and they work together really nicely, and I am over the moon

What's really nice is when you open a tiddler from a timeline in tiddler when in "live view on the map".

Thanks Felix, Kixam and EMKayInline images 1

best wishes

Alex

Sylvain Naudin

Jul 15, 2015, 8:28:13 AM7/15/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for sharing Alex.

I'm already a big fan of timeline plugin (Thanks Kixam), and I have to play with TiddlyMap (in my loonnng todo list ^^'), so you confirm that it's a great companion :)

Felix Küppers

Jul 15, 2015, 8:40:06 AM7/15/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Nice one Alex!! Thanks for sharing.

Dave

Jul 15, 2015, 5:14:05 PM7/15/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com
This sounds like the end of another related thread, but would you mind sharing a link to see it in action?

c pa

Jul 16, 2015, 1:29:28 PM7/16/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com, Tiddl...@googlegroups.com
>> would you mind sharing a link to see it in action?

Here's the link to the timeline plugin.
http://kixam.github.io/TW5-visjsTimeline/

Not sure if there is a timeline + map demo

The plugin uses fields timeline:start and timeline:end
These fields cannot be entered via the user interface as ":" is an illegal character for a fieldname. So you have to write a macro to create these fields on a tiddler. Other than that, excellent plugin

Felix Küppers

Jul 16, 2015, 2:05:08 PM7/16/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

The plugin uses fields timeline:start and timeline:end
These fields cannot be entered via the user interface as ":" is an illegal character for a fieldname. So you have to write a macro to create these fields on a tiddler. Other than that, excellent plugin

I also already reported that issue at the timeline github repo...

Alex Hough

Jul 16, 2015, 4:59:00 PM7/16/15
to TiddlyWiki
Dear Dave,

I made a demo, its attached [1]

I ended up adding  Jed's Resume Builder, though that a timeline and map would be interesting in a CV.

Its been a real pleasure using a TW built on a clone TiddlyMap.org. Its nice to create tiddlers from the Map: you can change their names easier.

@emkays tests for the timeline have been very useful to me as a learning resource. The tests work as a demonstration of the plugin.

As you might expect, there are some issues, but I feel that TW has moved into a new era with these two viz.js plugings!

best wishes

Alex

TiddlyMapTimelineResume.html

Sylvain Naudin

Jul 16, 2015, 5:19:16 PM7/16/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Le jeudi 16 juillet 2015 22:59:00 UTC+2, AlexHough a écrit :
I ended up adding  Jed's Resume Builder, though that a timeline and map would be interesting in a CV.

Thanks for sharing Alex with the CV bonus :) Indeed it's a great combination !

I've re-use my Timeline example (start from empty file) and add & play tonight with TiddlyMap (a while I wanted to play with it !)
For those who want to have a look : http://sylvain.naud.in/public/TiddlyWiki/TiddlyWikiTimelineMap.html

Cheers,
Sylvain

Alex Hough

Jul 17, 2015, 2:01:20 AM7/17/15
to TiddlyWiki
Sylvian,

thanks for this: the filter details on the timelines are useful. And it looks great in a vanilla TW

Alex

Sylvain Naudin

Jul 17, 2015, 3:16:30 AM7/17/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Le vendredi 17 juillet 2015 08:01:20 UTC+2, AlexHough a écrit :
the filter details on the timelines are useful.

Yes ! At the beginning, when I opened an individual tiddler, begin and end date miss me :)