Google API v2 (Language API) - Access not configured

antonio farina

Dec 13, 2011, 6:59:26 AM12/13/11
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi all,
The Language API, which have worked fine before this night, stopped
to work.

The error is
{
"error": {
"errors": [
{
"domain": "usageLimits",
"reason": "accessNotConfigured",
"message": "Access Not Configured"
}
],
"code": 403,
"message": "Access Not Configured"
}
}

Nothing changed in my code and I tries switch OFF and then switch ON
in the services Tab of the API console,as suggested at the address
http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api/browse_thread/thread/1ab6a5ed4e019505&usg=AFQjCNExmz721GXB5qBAIXOgFGg1C9Ahng

but nothing changed.

Please, someone can help to resolve this issue ?
It's a really severe issue for our business

Thanks a lot

Jeremy Geerdes

Dec 13, 2011, 7:47:56 AM12/13/11
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
The Translate API v2 was transitioned to a paid service on 1 December 2011. To continue using it, you will need to enable billing via the APIs Console. There was some chatter a couple weeks ago about some people getting this message even after they had enabled billing. The dev team rolled a fix to this, so if you're continuing to see it even after you've enabled billing, you will want to confirm that here as soon as possible. Thanks.

Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy
Des Moines, IA

For more information or a project quote:
jrge...@gmail.com

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

> --
> To view this message on the web, visit
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en_US
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

Maria João Ivo

Dec 13, 2011, 7:49:27 AM12/13/11
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much.
Maria

antonio farina

Dec 13, 2011, 8:42:40 AM12/13/11
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi Jeremy,

I know it: in fact we have enabled the billing and we are already paid
2 or 3 invoices for Google services.

The service worked well until 10 hours ago.

Thank you for your help

On 13 Dic, 13:47, Jeremy Geerdes <jrgeer...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The Translate API v2 was transitioned to a paid service on 1 December 2011. To continue using it, you will need to enable billing via the APIs Console. There was some chatter a couple weeks ago about some people getting this message even after they had enabled billing. The dev team rolled a fix to this, so if you're continuing to see it even after you've enabled billing, you will want to confirm that here as soon as possible. Thanks.
>
> Jeremy R. Geerdes
> Generally Cool Guy
> Des Moines, IA
>
> For more information or a project quote:

> jrgeer...@gmail.com

> If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!
>
> On Dec 13, 2011, at 5:59 AM, antonio farina wrote:
>

> > Hi all,
> > The Language API, which have worked fine before this night,  stopped
> > to work.
>
> > The error is
> > {
> > "error": {
> >  "errors": [
> >   {
> >    "domain": "usageLimits",
> >    "reason": "accessNotConfigured",
> >    "message": "Access Not Configured"
> >   }
> >  ],
> >  "code": 403,
> >  "message": "Access Not Configured"
> > }
> > }
>
> > Nothing changed in my code and I tries switch OFF and then switch ON
> > in the services Tab of the API console,as suggested at the address

> >http://www.google.com/url?sa=D&q=http://groups.google.com/group/googl...

Adam Feldman

Dec 13, 2011, 1:33:45 PM12/13/11
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi Antonio (and others),

We're looking into this problem.  It would be very helpful if you could email me directly with your project number.  That would be the number that you see in the URL when you visit the APIs Console, like "project:000000000000".

Also, if anyone else is affected, please send me this info, too.  It looks like this problem is only affecting a small number of projects, so knowing who else is impacted would help.

Thanks,
Adam

antonio farina

Dec 13, 2011, 6:38:18 PM12/13/11
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

our project number is 1049144618824

Now it's work.
There was an error in API usage from us:
  • the referer oriented key was setted with a list of IP instead of a list af authorized website (referer)
The strange is this wrong configuration worked for 2 months without problem

Thanl you for your help
Best regards

--
Antonio Farina

Toshiki Sato

Jan 2, 2012, 8:35:48 PM1/2/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
I have the same issue.
I has worked fine until last night but now returns 'Access Not Configured' error.
my project id is '417985852440.apps.googleusercontent.com '

I haven't reached to 1% of quota.

Toshiki.

Julien

Jan 20, 2012, 9:00:18 AM1/20/12
to Google AJAX APIs
Hi,

we're experiencing the same issue ; project 59414653230

It's been working fine for a few days (we even received a very low
invoice) and then it stopped and we now get
{
"error": {
"errors": [
{
"domain": "usageLimits",
"reason": "accessNotConfigured",
"message": "Access Not Configured"
}
],
"code": 403,
"message": "Access Not Configured"
}
}

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Adam Feldman

Feb 2, 2012, 2:11:55 PM2/2/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi Julien,

We took a look and it seems that you're not currently having any problems.  If you still are, please let me know and we'll investigate further.

Thanks,
Adam

To view this message on the web, visit

My Learning

Apr 15, 2012, 4:26:22 PM4/15/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

 I’ve been reading lots of forums with people having the error below:

{
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "usageLimits",
    "reason": "accessNotConfigured",
    "message": "Access Not Configured"
   }
  ],
  "code": 403,
  "message": "Access Not Configured"
 }
}

We’ve been happily running the paid service since it went live. In the old days we had regular requests sent from our main servers and everything was perfect. About 5 weeks ago one of our server died, so we replaced it. Now, since that time – that particular server doesn’t seem to be allowed to request data. It’s really odd – and I’ve been through the allowed IP and referrers list and ensured that they’re all correct.

I’ve already generated a new API key, and enhanced the referrers list to include every known combination of our referrers. It just seems odd that the server that won't return valid JSON data is the one that was 'switched' a few weeks ago. It's almost as if the original API key was locked to some hash of the IP's from referrers. (Hence generating a new API with no luck!)

Project ID: 1089270068181

Any help at all, even hints and pointers would be of great use for us - this has had us stumped all day, and I've ran out of coffee!

Thanks, Alan.

Adam Feldman

Apr 15, 2012, 9:34:43 PM4/15/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

For help with the Translate API, please post to this suppport forum:

Thanks,
Adam

To view this message on the web, visit

Adam Feldman

Oct 15, 2012, 5:10:35 PM10/15/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi Parondo,

For help with the Translate API, please post to this support forum:

Thanks,
Adam

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 4:17 AM, Parondo <par...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have an "accessNotConfigured" as a response to the google translate apis key OK and billing enabled;

Please, someone can help  to resolve this issue ?
It's a really severe  issue for our business

Thanks a lot

To view this message on the web, visit

Adam Feldman

Oct 28, 2012, 5:53:34 PM10/28/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi Fabien,

The Calendar API is free, so billing shouldn't be an issue.  Also, the issue that was reported here should be fixed.

Please tell us your project number (https://developers.google.com/console/help/#projectnumber) and I'll investigate.

Thanks,
Adam

On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Fabien Castell <fabien....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

I have the same error as a response to the google calendar apis.

Billing is enabled.

{
 "error": {
  "errors": [
   {
    "domain": "usageLimits",
    "reason": "accessNotConfigured",
    "message": "Access Not Configured"
   }
  ],
  "code": 403,
  "message": "Access Not Configured"
 }

}

Please, someone can help  to resolve this issue ?

Thanks a lot

To view this message on the web, visit

Fabien Castell

Oct 28, 2012, 6:03:07 PM10/28/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Adam.
My project number is 52356137402

Fabien

To view this message on the web, visit

Adam Feldman

Oct 28, 2012, 6:13:42 PM10/28/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Note that you have a referer restriction on your key, so it will only work from specific referers.  It looks like none of your requests are including a referer.  You should either pass the correct referer with your requests (recommended) or remove the referer restriction from your key (not recommended for client-side keys).  Read more here:  https://developers.google.com/console/help/#whitelistingbyhost

Thanks,
Adam

To view this message on the web, visit

Fabien Castell

Oct 28, 2012, 6:30:05 PM10/28/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot. It works.
Fabien

Jeremy Geerdes

Dec 14, 2012, 8:42:08 AM12/14/12
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
This is a rather common issue with the Translate API. The best way to get help is to post to this forum:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-translate-api

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 3:14 AM, Alexandr Dmitrievskiy <dmitrievski...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have the same error.
Billing is enabled, service enabled.
I'm stucking with the problem for a whole day...

In android application I'm trying to connect with Translate API i fetch this error:
Error: [google-api-translate-java] Error retrieving translation.

To view this message on the web, visit

--
Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy
Des Moines, IA

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

Adam Feldman

Feb 25, 2013, 2:54:51 PM2/25/13
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew,

Can you clarify what you mean about no longer having a field for client secret?  What happens when you go to the APIs Console, click to "API Access" and press the "Create another client ID..." button?

On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 6:43 AM, Andrew Wyld <andre...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm having this problem with the Drive API on Android; however, I'm actually more concerned with the fact the Drive API seems to need a client secret on authentication, and the API console no longer has the client secret field.  I've inserted a placeholder to prevent the Preconditions class throwing an exception, but I am not particularly happy with that solution.  Anyway, currently I am getting this 403/accessNotConfigured issue; I can't tell if it's the missing client secret causing this, or something else!

To view this message on the web, visit

--
Jeremy R. Geerdes
Generally Cool Guy
Des Moines, IA

If you're in the Des Moines, IA, area, check out Debra Heights Wesleyan Church!

To view this message on the web, visit
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.

Adam Feldman

Apr 14, 2013, 7:36:04 PM4/14/13
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kyungman (and anyone else with issues),

You've stumbled upon a very old thread.  For support with the Translate API, please post your symptoms to https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-translate-api.

Thanks,
Adam

On Sun, Apr 14, 2013 at 7:53 AM, Kyungman Kim <kyun...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm having same problem.
Here is my project number: 442283711452
Thanks in advance.

Best,
Kyungman Kim

2011년 12월 14일 수요일 오전 3시 33분 45초 UTC+9, Adam Feldman 님의 말:
Adam

> > To view this message on the web, visit
> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en_US
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

To view this message on the web, visit
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.
Message has been deleted

Adam Feldman

May 29, 2013, 1:34:26 PM5/29/13
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

For issues with the YouTube API, please direct questions to that API's Stack Overflow tag:

Best,
Adam

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 5:43 AM, Itesh Dutt <itesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I am also facing the same error. I am using YouTube Data API  and I want to upload a video on You tube via IOS app. I am getting this error.

{  "error": {   "errors": [    {     "domain": "usageLimits",     "reason": "accessNotConfigured",     "message": "Access Not Configured"    }   ],   "code": 403,   "message": "Access Not Configured"  } }
Project 444313383089

Earlier it was giving me error when I try on ios app and also when I click on try it out(in services). But after then I delete the Oauth project and again undelete the same project(444313383089).

Still it is not working on my app but now when I click on try it out(in services) it shows me like this.

{
 "kind": "youtube#videoListResponse",
 "etag": "\"g-RLCMLrfPIk8n3AxYYPPliWWoo/T87_mpoMVx8caucxrQH6l4dYiyw\"",
 "pageInfo": {
  "totalResults": 1,
  "resultsPerPage": 1
 },
 "items": [
  {
   "id": "ylLzyHk54Z0",
   "kind": "youtube#video",
   "etag": "\"g-RLCMLrfPIk8n3AxYYPPliWWoo/1WVSSqa4tFnMCksqIMSAAVJZvJE\"",
   "contentDetails": {
    "duration": "PT4M4S",
    "dimension": "2d",
    "definition": "hd",
    "caption": "true",
    "licensedContent": true
   },
   "statistics": {
    "viewCount": "1392715",
    "likeCount": "368",
    "dislikeCount": "58",
    "favoriteCount": "0",
    "commentCount": "103"
   }
  }
 ]
}

Can you please tell me why this is happening and what is best possible solution to overcome this problem.

Regards,
Itesh Dutt

To view this message on the web, visit

Elad Hackim

Aug 4, 2013, 12:28:38 PM8/4/13
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hey Adam,
couldn't find your Email.
I'm heaving the same issues. please help

Project Number: 439911089403

Adam

> > To view this message on the web, visit
> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en_US
> > For more options, visit this group at
> >http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

Jeremy Geerdes

Elad Hackim

Aug 6, 2013, 5:22:59 AM8/6/13
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
thanks,
already posted there,
no answer for now..

For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/google-ajax-search-api?hl=en?hl=en

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Google AJAX APIs" group.

Elad Hackim.

Tunca Bergmen

Jan 14, 2014, 2:23:43 AM1/14/14
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Having the same accessNotConfigured problem in my iOS app with Translate API. Billing is enabled. My project number is: 703572159820

Please help.

Tunca Bergmen

Oleg Kolesnikov

Jun 10, 2014, 3:14:12 PM6/10/14
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com

Good day

We have the same problem with the Custom Search Engine for the project 80041694946

There is the paid quote for the requests to the active Custom Search Engine

Everything worked fine yesterday. Today after running the same scripts I have the Exception for the script bellow
Please, help as we spend the whole day for the keys

Google_Service_Exception Object
(
    [errors:protected] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [domain] => usageLimits
                    [reason] => accessNotConfigured
                    [message] => Access Not Configured. Please use Google Developers Console to activate the API for your project.
                )

        )
)

 require_once "Google/Client.php";
 require_once "Google/Service/Customsearch.php";

  // Initialize client
 $client = new Google_Client();

  // Set the Application name
 $client->setApplicationName ("<Project Name>");

 $client->setDeveloperKey ("<Project Key>");

 $service = new Google_Service_Customsearch ( $client );

 $query = "queen";

 try {
  // $sites

  $results = $service->cse->listCse( $query, array( "cx" => "003833851582755202672" )  );

 }
 catch ( Google_Service_Exception $ex ) {
  echo "<pre>";
  print_r ( $ex );
  echo "</pre>";
 }

We are also tried the OAuth keys for the same request

 $client->setClientId( "<mykey>.apps.googleusercontent.com" );
 $client->setClientSecret( "<mysecret>" );
 $client->setRedirectUri( "<redirecturl>" );

Here is the exception

Google_Service_Exception Object
(
    [errors:protected] => Array
        (
            [0] => Array
                (
                    [domain] => usageLimits
                    [reason] => dailyLimitExceededUnreg
                    [message] => Daily Limit for Unauthenticated Use Exceeded. Continued use requires signup.
                    [extendedHelp] => https://code.google.com/apis/console
                )

        )
)

Please, help

Thank you much

Sysprog

Muhammad Hamza

Jul 12, 2014, 7:16:59 AM7/12/14
to google-ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi

I am getting Access Not Configured error, i have balance 10$ and have enabled billing

My Project Number: 554574369083

Here is my code.

  $api_key = Here is my Browser Key;

$response = file_get_contents('https://www.googleapis.com/language/translate/v2?key='.$api_key.'&q=hello%20world&source=en&target=de');

//decode json to array
$json = json_decode($response);

//show the json array in a readable format
echo '<pre>';

//show array
print_r($json);

Thanks