GMarks stopped working

Aleksey Grichenko

May 10, 2013, 4:18:27 PM5/10/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
A couple of days ago the addon stopped working - the local changes (add/edit/delete) are not saved to google bookmarks. Loading still works fine.

Daniel Geiger

May 11, 2013, 10:51:42 AM5/11/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Same with me. I hope this ist going to be fixed....soon

Cory Murdoch

May 13, 2013, 4:55:35 AM5/13/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com

+1

Eugene Kiselev

May 13, 2013, 7:51:37 AM5/13/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com

+1

manuel vh

May 13, 2013, 11:42:05 AM5/13/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
+1

Changes make in the google Bookmarks site (https://www.google.com/bookmarks/) are reflected in GMarks

Xavi Quevedo

May 16, 2013, 3:14:14 AM5/16/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
+1
- Changes made locally doesn't sync to the site
- Changes made on bookmarks site are correctly shown in the gmarks menu

kriirk

May 17, 2013, 5:01:52 AM5/17/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com

+1
Is this an add-on authorization problem? Do we have to talk to Mozilla?
Updating FF from ver 17 to 21 no help. Getting desperate here..

Janet Schwarz

May 18, 2013, 9:03:00 AM5/18/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same issues.  Looking forward to a solution.

Matthew Azzaro

May 18, 2013, 12:02:35 PM5/18/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Same problem...

Yar Sixtyeight

May 19, 2013, 12:59:17 AM5/19/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Same problem

Alexandre Pires

May 20, 2013, 11:12:15 AM5/20/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Same Problem :-(

陳俊銘

May 20, 2013, 11:05:21 PM5/20/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
the same problem
add bookmark at local, it can't sync to google bookmarks.
if i add bookmark at google bookmarks site, the gmarks will sync the new bookmark to local success.

Aleksey Grichenko於 2013年5月11日星期六UTC+8上午4時18分27秒寫道:

Eugene Kiselev

May 21, 2013, 6:00:44 AM5/21/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I have a bad feeling that the Gmarks author has abandoned his project for a long time already. So we hardly will get it fixed :(

Don Tsay

May 22, 2013, 5:13:20 AM5/22/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Would be nice to have a workaround at least...

Matthew Azzaro

May 22, 2013, 8:55:48 AM5/22/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
The easiest workaround I've found is to add the Google "Bookmarklet" to my favorites toolbar. Then I just have to click that to add a bookmark, and when GMarks syncs (manually or auto), it will be available in GMarks. To add the bookmarklet, go to https://www.google.com/bookmarks/, then scroll to the bottom, and it's there. You can drag it up to your toolbar to add it.
Message has been deleted

TheVisitor

May 23, 2013, 4:03:29 PM5/23/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com

Eugene Kiselev

May 23, 2013, 4:16:47 PM5/23/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com

Zinyth, thank you very much. I confirm your fix works ok!

Zinyth

May 23, 2013, 5:48:29 PM5/23/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Y'ou're welcome ;-)

Le vendredi 10 mai 2013 22:18:27 UTC+2, Aleksey Grichenko a écrit :
gmarks-1.0.5-unofficial_zinyth_fx.xpi

陳俊銘

May 23, 2013, 10:30:32 PM5/23/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
i installed the zinyth_fx.xpi, the gmarks work fine.
thank you

2013/5/24 Zinyth <zin...@gmail.com>
Y'ou're welcome ;-)

Le vendredi 10 mai 2013 22:18:27 UTC+2, Aleksey Grichenko a écrit :
A couple of days ago the addon stopped working - the local changes (add/edit/delete) are not saved to google bookmarks. Loading still works fine.

kriirk

May 25, 2013, 7:23:45 AM5/25/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much Zinyth. You are my saving angel! Works great :D

If anyone get error message when clicking file, try downloading to desktop, then drag-drop to FF.

Bridget Farris

Jun 19, 2013, 11:34:18 AM6/19/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
That worked!! Thank you, Zinyth!

Ricardo Niño Vargas

Oct 10, 2013, 12:53:47 PM10/10/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com

Thak you Zinyth!

Yor application update rules!! :-D

Jorge Hernandez

Nov 1, 2013, 3:24:09 PM11/1/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I'm having the same problem, this is what I get from it every time I try to add a new bookmark:

shitamo

Nov 3, 2013, 1:17:02 AM11/3/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Add to sign in before the change
Try it.

2013年11月2日土曜日 4時24分09秒 UTC+9 Jorge Hernandez:

shitamo

Nov 10, 2013, 1:32:37 AM11/10/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
It is not going well. I tried to increase the place to sign-in.

2013年11月3日日曜日 15時17分02秒 UTC+9 shitamo:

Bob W

Nov 10, 2013, 6:18:56 AM11/10/13
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I just did it again fully expecting it not to work but low & behold it works now ! I'm sitting here dumbstruck.
Thank you.
Bob

Mar 28, 2014, 7:21:01 AM3/28/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
That site does not appear to be active any more. Is there anywhere else I can get the update? Thanks.

Rachel Golden

Apr 8, 2014, 11:43:53 AM4/8/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
I was able to download from that link today.

prl77

Nov 26, 2014, 3:10:18 PM11/26/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Page not found at Zinyth URL
Message has been deleted

B S

Dec 10, 2014, 3:55:25 PM12/10/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
for me, gmarks does not work with firefox 31+ - someone has a solution?

Brian McRae

Dec 10, 2014, 5:26:48 PM12/10/14
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Gmarks works for me -- not perfectly -- but in the same way it has been 'working' for some time. My workaround is to open a tab and go to the Google Bookmarks page (https://www.google.com.au/bookmarks) and log in. After logging in, Gmarks is fine, for at least a day and sometimes several days. If I close and reopen my browser I usually have to do this again.

Based on this, it would appear that Gmarks has problems authenticating. I have checked my login deatils in the Gmarks options and that's not the issue. I assume that logging into the bookmarks page creates a cookie or something similar, which Gmarks is able to access/use.

Running 34.0.5 as a portable version (off a USB drive, Win 7 enterprise on the desktop). Works as well on my Mac, which is an old and runs 10-4 fox, and an old laptop running Win XP, at least last time I checked).

Would be really nice if someone could fix the code...

On 11 December 2014 at 06:55, B S <bogd...@gmail.com> wrote:
for me, gmarks does not work with firefox 31+ - someone has a solution?

John Standlee

Apr 5, 2015, 4:25:02 PM4/5/15
to gma...@googlegroups.com
Installed Zinyth's version, finally have a fixed gMarks!
(Still have to "sign in to Google" manually, but saving links works again.)