Images not making it to Pending Que after upload complete

University of Alberta

Jun 29, 2012, 4:30:22 PM6/29/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

When I try to upload images the normal way (by selecting the jpg file). It uploads BUT when I click on "edit image information" it send me to a blank page and the panoramas never appear in my pending or unpublished panoramas!

An example of this is a panorama I took in Camrose, Alberta, Canada.
The image file is called "FirstyearFounders-Augustana.jpg"
When I click on "edit image information" after it finishes uploading it takes me to this blank page: http://www.360cities.net/account/edit/image/uofaweb%252F00521805_FirstyearFounders_Augustana@jpg

I'm using Google Chrome and am on a MAC Pro. This happened to me before to an edited panorama so I just gave up on trying to upload that one. Before giving-up I tried re-naming a the file a bunch of times and then uploading with no change in result. That problem had happened after I added a mirror ball to the nadir of the panorama. This new panorama doesn't have a mirror ball (I've placed the bottom image the same way I have for the last 40+ panoramas).

Please help!!

elena.martinez

Jul 4, 2012, 5:20:57 AM7/4/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We're working on this issue. I'll let you know when we have more information about it.

Regards,

Elena

elena.martinez

Jul 13, 2012, 1:12:08 PM7/13/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Our IT team has found that your image (http://www.360cities.net/image/sda-sweetofourbrow#-712.60,5.17,70.0) had a problem, but now it's solved.
We have checked your account and everything is working fine, also the panoramas upload.

Do you have this problem still? Please, let me know.

Regards,

Elena

Vita Pecialiune

Jul 18, 2012, 3:26:26 AM7/18/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have the same problem.

When I try to upload images the normal way (by selecting the jpg file). It uploads BUT when I click on "edit image information" it send me to a blank page and the panoramas never appear in my pending or unpublished panoramas!
I also use Google Chrome on Mac computer.
My pano is called "Ozas at night.jpg"

please help!

elena.martinez

Jul 18, 2012, 4:48:50 AM7/18/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Can you provide me with some screenshots of the problem and the url?

Thanks and rearguards,

Elena

Vita Pecialiune

Jul 18, 2012, 5:11:37 AM7/18/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
After upload I press <edit the image information> and it opens this blank page
http://www.360cities.net/account/edit/image/panomakers%252F00530491_Ozas_at_night@jpg

Is that what you needed when you asked about URL?

Thanks and regards,

Vita
360cities uploading.png

elena.martinez

Jul 18, 2012, 11:27:23 AM7/18/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vita,

I've checked your account and it's fine. I was able to upload a panorama and to edit all the metadata without any problem.

Please, try to do it again and let me know if you have any problem/doubt.

Regards,

Elena

Vita Pecialiune

Jul 18, 2012, 12:26:03 PM7/18/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I still couldn't upload my panorama. Nothing has changed, I have the same problem.

Regards,

Vita

elena.martinez

Jul 19, 2012, 6:08:33 AM7/19/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Vita,

Please, could you try to upload your panorama with another Internet browser?

I did it with Safari and your account worked perfectly.

Thanks,

Elena

Vita Pecialiune

Jul 19, 2012, 7:16:32 AM7/19/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Elena,

I've tried to upload many time using Google Crome and Safari, I used different titles, nothing works.
I go to upload menu, after my panorama is uploaded, I write the title, set the correct location on the map, write tags and description (that is all the settings that I can do on the page), I place a check mark on <publish panorama automatically after uploading> and press <save>.
Panorama does not appear in my account.

Hope you will figure out the solution.

Thanks,

Vita

University of Alberta

Jul 30, 2012, 2:06:15 PM7/30/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thank you for all your help but, this is not the panorama I am having problems with, and there is a new one today:

EdWaterFeature.jpg
I've attached the screen shot of the screen that loads when I click "<edit the image information>"

The previous one I mentioned is:

FirstyearFounders-Augustana.jpg

Sorry and thank you for your help!!

-Veronica
EdWaterfeature.png

University of Alberta

Jul 30, 2012, 2:08:45 PM7/30/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Just so you know, I'm using Chrome on a Mac Pro.

elena.martinez

Aug 1, 2012, 10:00:54 AM8/1/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Veronica,

Please, could you provide us with more detailed information about your issue?
When I click on the links you've pasted I only get a blank page.

Also, please, provide us with the following information:

Thanks a lot!

Elena

University of Alberta

Aug 1, 2012, 12:54:39 PM8/1/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I also get a blank page. That is the link that 360 cities gave me to "<edit image information>".

Panorama problem one:
Date of upload attempt: August 1, 2012 - 10:33 am
File name: EdWaterFeature.jpg
Image attached: Screen shot 2012-08-01 at 10.34.26 AM
Error messages on screen shot

Panorama problem two:
Date of upload attempt: August 1, 2012 - 10:40 am
File name: FirstyearFounders-Augustana.jpg
Image attached: Screen shot 2012-08-01 at 10.41.28 AM
Error messages on screen shot

Panorama problem three:
Date of upload attempt: August 1, 2012 - 10:44 am
File name: Quad2mb.jpg
Image attached: Screen shot 2012-08-01 at 10.44.52 AM
Error messages on screen shot

Example of a working panorama:
Image attached: Screen shot 2012-08-01 at 10.51.38 AM

Thank you for all your time and help!!
-Veronica

Screen shot 2012-08-01 at 10.34.26 AM.png
Screen shot 2012-08-01 at 10.41.28 AM.png
Screen shot 2012-08-01 at 10.44.52 AM.png
Screen shot 2012-08-01 at 10.51.38 AM.png

elena.martinez

Aug 2, 2012, 3:34:45 AM8/2/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Thanks a lot for the information. I forwarded it to the tech team.

Regards,

Elena

elena.martinez

Aug 2, 2012, 7:13:32 AM8/2/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Veronica,

Please, provide me with the following information:

- Chrome version.
- List of plugins that are installed in the browser.
- Can you make available the images that are falling to upload?

Thanks a lot!

Elena

University of Alberta

Aug 2, 2012, 10:53:55 AM8/2/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Elena,

Thank you for all your help!!

Chrome version: 21.0.1180.57
No additional plugins installed.

How can make the images available to you considering their file size? It crashed the page when I tried to attach one.

Thank you again,
-Veronica

University of Alberta

Oct 9, 2012, 10:29:56 AM10/9/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Elena,

I hope you had a nice August and September!! I was wondering if any progress has been made in regards to fixing this issue?

Thank you very much for all your time and help!!
-Veronica

elena.martinez

Oct 9, 2012, 1:00:10 PM10/9/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Veronica,

I have had a nice summer :) Hope you too!!

Please, just let me know if you have tried to edit any panorama recently and if you have the same error.

Regards,

Elena

uofaweb

Nov 13, 2012, 1:26:13 PM11/13/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elena,

I am still having this problem. I am currently trying to upload 7 of the panoramas that failed through FTP. I'll update you if this works.

-Veronica

uofaweb

Nov 13, 2012, 5:49:03 PM11/13/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Elena,

All the panoramas upload properly when I uploaded them using the FTP download.

Thank you again for all your help and time,
-Veronica

John Wood

May 23, 2014, 5:16:21 PM5/23/14
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Elena,

I am apparently having the same problem... years later.  I've just bought a new MacBook Pro:

Good news - it stitches a panorama in less than one tenth the time of my older PC.

Bad news - I've tried twice to upload panoramas entitled "Douglas A-26C Cockpit" without success.  They do not show up in the pending queue.  The MacBook is running the latest versions of Safari and the OS operating system.

I just loaded a nearly identical panorama "Douglas A-26C Invader Cockpit" using my PC and it showed up instantly in the Pending list.

Can you assist me?

Best regards,
John Wood

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

May 26, 2014, 11:39:10 AM5/26/14
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

How are you uploading your panoramas? Email, web or ftp?

If you are trying to uploading them via ftp, be sure that your laptop ftp connection is set up properly: http://help.360cities.net/uploading/how-to-upload-panoramas/using-ftp-to-upload-images

Regards,
Elena

Chris Hinz

Sep 10, 2014, 8:44:39 PM9/10/14
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I do have the same problem.

i upload my panorama 8000 x 3450 px via jpg uploader. In the upload section i get noted that the upload is complete but the panorama doesn't get through to the pending section nor the unpublished section. Im using safari. i don't think sending a screenshot will help because i don't get any errors.

do i need to send my account/profil?

greetings- chris

Elena Martínez - 360Cities

Sep 11, 2014, 6:35:50 AM9/11/14
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

Also, if you give me your account profile, I'll check your account to check if there is any problem with it.

Regards,
Elena

Chris Hinz

Sep 12, 2014, 7:17:31 AM9/12/14
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elena

thank you and i will also check the ftp guide. Hopefully we can figure out the problem ;)

best regards- Chris

Chris Hinz

Sep 12, 2014, 7:34:34 AM9/12/14
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elena-

i just tried it and the ftp upload works just fine! Thanks!! :)

Still a bit strange that the jpg upload just stopped working all of a sudden...

Cheers and thanks for your help-
Chris