Recent activity problem ?

Franck Masschelein

Dec 7, 2011, 4:08:14 AM12/7/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Since a few days, I noticed that the "show me more" button of the recent activity did not work anymore.
In fact, the word "loading" briefly appears, then the "show me more" button disappear but the nexts panos don't load.
Checked on several computers and different browsers : it seems that the problem affects Firefox and Chrome, but not IE.
Anybody to confirm ?
This is not referenced in the "known issues" page.
Regards
Franck

Calvin McDonald

Dec 7, 2011, 11:38:18 AM12/7/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I'm experiencing the same thing.
I first noticed it about 10 hours ago.  Not sure when it started.

Calvin

Calvin Jones

Dec 7, 2011, 7:06:52 PM12/7/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I am also having the same problem using Safari.

Jan Vrsinsky | 360cities.net

Dec 8, 2011, 5:13:08 AM12/8/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
It seems to be working just fine both in Chrome and Safari. It loads new content.

Was it a momentary hiccup? Are you still seeing the problem?

Geoff - Spherical Visions

Dec 8, 2011, 5:21:35 AM12/8/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Its not working for me at the moment, clicked the "see more" at the bottom of the page and the button disappeared and only one more item appeared, now with no button s can't ask for any more!

Jan Vrsinsky | 360cities.net

Dec 8, 2011, 5:24:59 AM12/8/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I see it now. Ok, we'll have a look

Calvin McDonald

Dec 9, 2011, 12:31:07 AM12/9/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
There's a new user (Gary O. Grimm) whose profile text is in a large font (at least for me using Firefox).  The "Show Me More" seems to work until this profile with large font displays, then "Show Me More" quits working.  It appears the problem might be related to the large font profile.

Calvin

Geoff - Spherical Visions

Dec 9, 2011, 6:44:01 AM12/9/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Its working once this morning, but the problem re-occurs on the second attempt this morning.  The large Font entry appears on the first page and moves up on the first "show more" for me.

Franck Masschelein

Dec 9, 2011, 10:20:14 AM12/9/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Same as Calvin for me. Now the button works once, then the large font appears, and after does not work anymore. Don't know if the large font is really the cause but it seems to be linked.
Only IE is not concerned...

Calvin McDonald

Dec 9, 2011, 3:23:48 PM12/9/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
The problem doesn't exist using IE.
It does exist using Firefox.

Calvin

Franck Masschelein

Dec 9, 2011, 4:31:03 PM12/9/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Yes, that's what I said :
Only IE is NOT concerned.
Problems occur at least with Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
However, the button still only works once, but now we no longer see the text with the large font, so this may not be the cause... ?

Franck

Geoff - Spherical Visions

Dec 9, 2011, 4:37:16 PM12/9/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I think it might be more complex than that!
Firefox 8. fails after one or two button presses;
Chrome 15.0.874.121 fails as above;
IE9 x64 bit works ok even after several Button presses;
IE9 x32 bit the button presses and returns, but the page doesn't advance at all.
Safari 5.1.2 fails after the second Button press.

Franck Masschelein

Dec 9, 2011, 5:48:41 PM12/9/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Geoff for these tests.
Even more : IE8 works fine on both x32 and x64.
Let's see what the 360Cities team will respond.

Jan Vrsinsky | 360cities.net

Dec 12, 2011, 9:20:42 AM12/12/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
The reason was a nasty profile description of one of the new photographers. The developers have a task in the pipeline that will make sure this never happens again.

Jan

Franck Masschelein

Dec 12, 2011, 1:08:56 PM12/12/11
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jan.

Franck Masschelein

Apr 9, 2012, 1:15:28 PM4/9/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan,
It seems that it happen again...
Is the problem still related to the large font profile of one of the new photographers ?

Jan Vrsinsky | User Advocate, 360Cities

Apr 10, 2012, 4:38:16 AM4/10/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi, thanks for the report. We are looking into it (again).

John Willetts

Apr 10, 2012, 12:09:15 PM4/10/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was looking for a Panorama last night on my Profile Page. There were My Favourites, Editor's Picks, Recent Uploads and Most Popular. But what's happened to the rest?

John

See my panoramas on: 360Cities

Message has been deleted

Geoff - Spherical Visions

Apr 10, 2012, 12:22:15 PM4/10/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com

John Willetts

Apr 10, 2012, 12:25:33 PM4/10/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Oops!!!!

Sorry

Thanks,

See my panoramas on: 360Cities

Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 09:22:15 -0700
From: geoff....@gmail.com
To: 360c...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Missing Thumbnails

Geoff - Spherical Visions

Apr 10, 2012, 12:36:42 PM4/10/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Don't worry I did the same a few weeks back - its so large the eyes just gloss over it!

Serow Roman

Apr 10, 2012, 1:07:07 PM4/10/12
to 360Cities Community
http://rosalex2205.glworld.biz

On 10 апр, 12:38, "Jan Vrsinsky | User Advocate, 360Cities"