IPAD problems: GE and account profile

Peter Mad

May 18, 2012, 10:08:33 AM5/18/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan
just found some compatibility issues of 360Cities.net with new IPAD.

In particular I verified two problems in Google Earth, the first being quite serious:
- if you open from Ipad the GE App (downloaded) you can choose only the Panoramio Layer (plus Wiki, Streets, ecc alwaye as options) but not any 360Cities layer. Therefore from Ipad is not possible to see in GE any red square! But of course you can see the Panoramio pictures ... In practice with IPAD all 360panos from 360Cities are simply not present/visible in GOOGLE EARTH...
- Additionally if you open GE from your account profile, clicking on the small icon, in this case you get the 360 red pins corresponding to the location of your panos, but they are not clickable.Probably the two things are connected.

Finally, always in the account profile the opening 360pano is not visible and the space is just white with the description.
Am I wrong? If not, is it anything already in the pipeline of corrections? Is there any app that can solve the GE problem? Useless to say the importance of Ipad for our panos.
Thx and bye.
Pietro

Jan Vrsinsky | User Advocate, 360Cities

May 18, 2012, 12:21:07 PM5/18/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for reporting this.

The whole gallery section was added only recently into the Google Earth app and not everything works the way it should yet.

We'll be working with Google on improving the user experience of 360Cities in Google Earth app on the iPad (the similar issue applies also to the iPhone as far as I know).

Jan

Peter Mad

May 19, 2012, 4:56:31 AM5/19/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jan

I found another problem with IPAD (nothing to di with GE):
If you enter into the 360cities.net site and you click and look to any pano with the IPAD, this view doesn't seem to be included in the VIEW ACCOUNT STATS.
Because many of us use (and will use more and more) IPAD or similar to see the community works, if this is correct, it makes the stats quite unreliable ...
Do you agree?

Thx and bye
Pietro

Willy Kaemena GM

May 19, 2012, 6:39:24 AM5/19/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
well  and  the views on iPad don't count for the stats.....  even worst...

Willy

Calvin McDonald

Sep 27, 2012, 12:12:00 AM9/27/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Has the status of this changed since May?
I was messing around with GE on an iPad3 and noted that the iPad GE app has no 360cities layer.
Is there a work around for this, or, is there really no way to see 360cities panos on iPad GE?

Calvin

elena.martinez

Oct 1, 2012, 8:57:00 AM10/1/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Calvin,

It's not possible to display 360Cities layer on Google Earth. We hope that Google add 360Cities layer soon.

Regards,

Elena