Upload to PanoMonkey from Android fails

Thomas Pryds

May 28, 2012, 1:00:14 AM5/28/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to upload images that should form a simple test pano that I shot from my mobile phone running Android 2.2.2 Froyo. However, no matter what I do, it seems to fail.

Using the built-in browser, single image files: I tap the upload button on the webpage, but the file selector only lets me select a single image file at a time, and PanoMonkey doesn't seem to accept this.

Using the built-in browser, zip file: I then installed a zip app, put the image files in a zip file, but the file selector only shows image files (and audio and video for some strange reason), no zip files -- and only from a fixed location in the file hierarchy.

Using Firefox for Android. I then tried installing this browser instead, hoping that the issue was with the Android browser's file selector, but when I tap the Upload button here, no file selector appears. Nothing happens.

Using AndFTP: I then figured I'd go for FTP upload instead, so I installed the AndFTP app. I can connect to the server, but when I try to transfer the zip file, I get a time-out error.

To top if off, as I gave up trying to upload from Android, moving to my computer instead, I experienced another error: In Chromium 18.0.1025.151 on Ubuntu 11.10, when I try to upload a zip file through the web page, it shows the text "HTTP error" for a split second, then reloads the page.

Finally, I tried FTP from Ubuntu, which seems to work.

Either I'm doing everything wrong, or somebody at PanoMonkey needs to have a test go on Android before I'd even consider paying for this service. If you need any details on anything, please let me know.

Thanks,
Thomas Pryds

Jeffrey

May 28, 2012, 7:30:16 AM5/28/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

I'm not watching this forum. Next time, can you please post Panomonkey issues here? https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/panomonkey

Anyway, comments below.

On Monday, May 28, 2012 7:00:14 AM UTC+2, Thomas Pryds wrote:
[...]

We are working on a Android version of the upload page on Panomonkey which will allow you to upload images properly from the website on your android phone. We hope to eventually (in the next months) to get a fully mobile-friendly version of Panomonkey working. Please be patient. The upload page might be working in a week or two. Until then, please upload images from your PC. Thank you for your patience :)

To top if off, as I gave up trying to upload from Android, moving to my computer instead, I experienced another error: In Chromium 18.0.1025.151 on Ubuntu 11.10, when I try to upload a zip file through the web page, it shows the text "HTTP error" for a split second, then reloads the page.

I upload from Chrome all the time on my Mac. I did not try Chromium on ubuntu. Do you get the same problem with plain Chrome? We cannot support Chromium, sorry.

thanks,
Jeff

Thomas Pryds

May 28, 2012, 8:23:31 AM5/28/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeffrey

Den mandag den 28. maj 2012 13.30.16 UTC+2 skrev Jeffrey:
I'm not watching this forum. Next time, can you please post Panomonkey issues here? https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/panomonkey

Sure. However, I just followed a link in an mail I got some time after creating an account "How is Panomonkey working for you":
"Please don't reply to this email. To send feedback or to ask questions, post a message to our forum instead.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/360cities"

We are working on a Android version of the upload page on Panomonkey which will allow you to upload images properly from the website on your android phone. We hope to eventually (in the next months) to get a fully mobile-friendly version of Panomonkey working. Please be patient. The upload page might be working in a week or two. Until then, please upload images from your PC. Thank you for your patience :)

This sounds really great! I'll look forward to it :-)

I upload from Chrome all the time on my Mac. I did not try Chromium on ubuntu. Do you get the same problem with plain Chrome? We cannot support Chromium, sorry.

I'll try installing Chrome and see if it's the same. Btw, I found out, that with Chromium, I can upload a 2 MB zip file, but not a 200 MB zip file.

Thomas