360Cities panoramic images now loading faster than ever before

elena.martinez

Jun 29, 2012, 11:49:25 AM6/29/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce some good information for all of us: the launch of the CDN service for our panoramic images.

What does it mean?

It means that all panoramas hosted in 360Cities are being loaded faster now. A Content Delivery Network (CDN) is a distributed architecture of servers around the world which the panoramic images are hosted and served from. Our panoramas can be loaded in approximately 1/4 of the time as compared to pre-CDN implementation or even with a higher speed in Europe and the Continental US.

Regards,

Elena

WHT

Jul 8, 2012, 3:41:18 PM7/8/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Yep! It does!!! Thanks for that!

Toni Garbasso

Aug 15, 2012, 6:56:22 AM8/15/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
True, uploaded 10  panos (10.000px) from a satellite connection (sooo slow...) with no pain.
thanks 360 staff!!!

Johann Victor

Oct 4, 2012, 10:12:26 AM10/4/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Yes much better thanks so much

Mark D. Fink

Oct 4, 2012, 10:48:10 AM10/4/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com

I missed the original post while on vacation, so I wasn't aware of this improvement. Thanks for continuing to improve 360Cities! Ironically, just now I went to a couple of VR's and after 1 minute, they still hadn't loaded. Are there server issues at the moment? I tried on two different computers in two locations just to be sure the problem wasn't with my connection.

Mark

Lastwolf

Oct 4, 2012, 8:17:16 PM10/4/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately, ever since this change was put in place, I've seen much slower load times.

Rich