North

Andrew Martin

Mar 26, 2012, 4:57:52 PM3/26/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I'm new here, and posted my firstpanorama.  It came through fine but North is 90 degrees off on the map so the links are 90 degrees off.  I've noticed this in other panoramas.  How do I set north?  Can I cahnage north on the panorama I posted.  It looks like it was my anchor photograph.

Andrew Martin

Mar 26, 2012, 6:27:47 PM3/26/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
OK, I fugured it out.  I had not tried the edit button.

On Monday, March 26, 2012 3:57:52 PM UTC-5, Andrew Martin wrote:
I'm new here, and posted my first panorama.  It came through fine but North is 90 degrees off on the map so the links are 90 degrees off.  I've noticed this in other panoramas.  How do I set north?  Can I cahnage north on the panorama I posted.  It looks like it was my anchor photograph.

Jan Vrsinsky | User Advocate, 360Cities

Mar 27, 2012, 3:35:06 AM3/27/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andrew

Welcome to 360Cities!

You should read this Help Center article

If you have any questions let me know!

Jan

Andrew Martin

Mar 27, 2012, 6:44:32 PM3/27/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your reply.  I had read the article, and now again.  I see my panorama was not published.  There is also a new gray and black stripe in it.  Was it not published because of the stripe or for some other reason?  I'm trying to learn and will upload it again to get rid of the stripe, but if there is another reason I need to know so I can work on that.

Regards, Andy

Jan Vrsinsky | User Advocate, 360Cities

Mar 28, 2012, 5:22:24 AM3/28/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Please send me a link to that panorama so I can take a look.
Jan

Andrew Martin

Mar 28, 2012, 8:45:44 AM3/28/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com

Jan Vrsinsky | User Advocate, 360Cities

Mar 28, 2012, 9:25:42 AM3/28/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I don't see any stripe but the main reason for this panorama not being selected is that the horizon is not in the center of the image and therefore it looks crooked.

Willy Kaemena GM

Mar 28, 2012, 9:53:21 AM3/28/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
It is not really the horizon... because the are is hilly BUT the vertical alignment is way out. If you align using the vertical parts of the building and the barn everything will be OK !!

see attachment how to do alignment

Willy Kaemena

360 Cities Vertical Alignment of Panoramas with PTGui.pdf

Andrew Martin

Mar 28, 2012, 10:02:09 PM3/28/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, guys.  I had seen the alternate choices for control points bu tdid not realize the use.  Unfortunately I was too dumb to save the project so I get to create the panorama again, but I do need the practice.  thanks again!

Andy

Willy Kaemena

Mar 28, 2012, 10:26:50 PM3/28/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
You don't have to re do the project , you can take the existing equirectangular picture and follow the last part of the description

Sent from my iPad

Willy Kaemena