At what zoom level in Google Earth does a pano icon show up?

Carsten T. Rees

Mar 3, 2012, 4:18:02 PM3/3/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Recently I have posted quite a number of panos for my city Freiburg. All of them have been selected for Google Earth. Now I noticed that the icons for this panoramas do only show up, when one does zoom in quite extremly. WIth a normal zoom level there are only very few panos visible in Freiburg and all of mine are completely invisible. What exactly is the reason for that? So far I have not found any explanation on 360cities.

Greetings

Carsten T. Rees

WHT

Jul 23, 2012, 12:56:30 PM7/23/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Dear Carsten,

Exactly the same thing happened to me with my panoramas.
Some panos you can see at the country zoom level and some at house zoom level.

And there´s no place to edit that.

I also would very much like to know what is the reason for that behavior.

Hope somebody could give us a clue.

Thanks in advance.

Andrey Belove

elena.martinez

Jul 24, 2012, 3:55:14 AM7/24/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Google Earth has its own ranking and they use 360Cities information for this ranking like:

- If the panorama is an editors' pick or not.
- How many likes/unlikes it has.
- How many views the pano has.

So, old panos will be shown with a zoom out and new panoramas will be shown with a close zoom, very often.

You can add a good description to your panorama, try to get a lot of views and you'll be able to see your panorama from a zoom out.

Regards,

Elena
Message has been deleted