Panorama Not Selected

Andy Martin

Jun 9, 2012, 7:51:04 PM6/9/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Having studied this panorama, I can't figure out why it was not selected.  Please help so I can fix it, if possible.  Thanks, Andy

Andy Martin

Jun 9, 2012, 8:06:25 PM6/9/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Forgot to paste the link:  http://www.360cities.net/image/tall-trees-in-muir-woods#0.00,0.00,70.0

   Also, this one: http://www.360cities.net/image/riverside-drive-statue#287.87,-1.10,110.0  I've finally figured out how to eliminate my tripod and the panorama was not selected and I can't see any defects.

Would it be possible to add a field to panoramas which are not selected where the reviewer can give a brief reason?  That would save some unnecessary traffic on the forum.

Thanks, Andy

elena.martinez

Jun 11, 2012, 5:09:16 AM6/11/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com

Hello Andy,

For the first panorama I can say that there is a "hole" on the nadir, and as our requirements say " No huge hole in the nadir nor distorted bottom of the panorama (nadir)".

You can check our requirementes on: http://help.360cities.net/uploaded-panorama-requirements

Your secand pano is now selected for 360Cities: http://www.360cities.net/image/riverside-drive-statue#0.00,0.00,70.0

Regards,

Elena

Andy Martin

Jun 11, 2012, 9:35:34 AM6/11/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Elena!

OK, I don't see a hole in the nadir.  I do have a blend of my tripod and the straight down shot which makes for a large dark spot but not black like a hole.  On later panoramas I've fixed that by adjusting the camera to never pick up the tripod, however the requirements state that tripods and shadows are OK.  Since I live in Oklahoma and the Muir Woods are in California, it is hard for me to go back and make new photographs.  Should I eliminate the down shot and just show the tripod?

Thanks for selecting the Riverside Drive panorama.

Regards, Andy

Andy Martin

Jun 11, 2012, 10:00:54 AM6/11/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Elena!

Will the Riverside Drive panorama be re-reviewed for Google Earth?

Can you tell me the defect in this panorama:

After seeing why the museum by another poster was rejected for a small stitching error in the light, I assume this was rejected because of the error on the rail:

I will keep trying, so thank you so much for the help!

elena.martinez

Jun 12, 2012, 11:54:46 AM6/12/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andy,

Our developers performed an upgrade on our servers last Wednesday that had the unintended consequence of subtly breaking some functionality in the review process. This error has already been fixed, and we are reviewing again all the images that were affected, to make sure that they get assigned a correct status, both in 360Cities and in Google Earth.

We are really sorry for this error, and we will put checks in place to make sure that it will not happen again.

Regards,

Elena

Andy Martin

Jun 12, 2012, 8:52:18 PM6/12/12