Incorrect image url

HighDesertView

Jun 15, 2012, 4:56:50 PM6/15/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I just discovered that one of my 360s was given an incorrect URL.  I did not notice the "Arizona" that the system tacked on to the end of the URL when I first uploaded the 360.  The URL has both "Utah" and "Arizona" in the name.  Similarly, the breadcrumb trail shows The World : North America : USA : Arizona : Utah.

I suspect that because this 360 was so close to the border of Arizona, the system tacked on "Arizona" to the url when I first uploaded it.  I don't think I typed that! And I would have put it before USA, not after.  I've tried to name all my 360s consistently.

The URL currently:

It should read:

Is there anyway you can fix that on the 360cities side?  Rename the URL and entries in the database?  Yes, I know that users can't change the URL after it is committed, but can you do it on your side?

Otherwise, I know the hard way I can fix it - upload a dumby 360, name it properly, swap panos, reset all lat/lon/name/etc. and resubmit for approval.  I suspect I would lose all the views.

John.

Calvin McDonald

Jun 15, 2012, 10:20:56 PM6/15/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
John - I had a very similar thing happen just a few days ago (but with different states - UT & ID).  I caught it just before I published and corrected it.  I think we just confirmed we're both no hallucinating.  :)

Calvin McDonald

Jun 16, 2012, 12:03:54 AM6/16/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hi John:

Won't the system let you just go in and edit the published pano and change it's handle?
I think I've done this successfully before (for another reason) if I remember right.  I might be wrong.

Also, I noticed that it added the wrong state name to the end of the handle right after I typed the title and hit <enter>.  I know I didn't type the extra state name in the title but a very short time later I looked at the file handle and the appended wrong state name was there.

Calvin

HighDesertView

Jun 16, 2012, 8:25:12 AM6/16/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I'll check to see if I can change the handle, but I have mistyped a title before and found that it is permanent once published.  To fix it, you have to create a new pano in order to create a new handle.  I usually upload the smallest blank jpeg I can and then swap with the existing pano.

HighDesertView

Jun 16, 2012, 8:48:32 AM6/16/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
I confirmed that from the user's side, it is not possible to change the handle on a published pano.

elena.martinez

Jun 18, 2012, 6:12:20 AM6/18/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello John,

I've checked your pano and now we can read at the info box that your pano is located in "USA-Utah".

About the pano's handle, we are working on it. So I'll let you know when I have more info.

Regards,

Elena

elena.martinez

Jun 20, 2012, 3:30:34 AM6/20/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Hello John,

It's not possible for a user to change a pano's handle. Our IT team has done it for you, so from now on the url for this panos is:

Regards,

Elena

HighDesertView

Jun 20, 2012, 10:08:54 AM6/20/12
to 360c...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much!  Now it's consistent with all my other url handles.

Much obliged,
John.