Sound and Video

maximer...@gmail.com

May 4, 2012, 4:57:37 AM5/4/12
to 22sl...@googlegroups.com
I am wondering if there are possible ways to include video and sound directly in a website. From all the reading I've done on 22slides it seems like it is mostly for photographers or any image based artist/professionals so I'm not sure what my options are.

Ideally, an image could link to a view like that of the slideshows for photos, so the video would appear and the rest of the screen would darken. Or at least one could have an image link to a separate page.

If anyone has any suggestions on how to embed/include/link to video and sound files let me know please!

Maxime

Bryan Buchanan

May 4, 2012, 12:57:16 PM5/4/12
to 22sl...@googlegroups.com
Hey Maxime!

Video embed codes are definitely doable (as are almost any HTML code, since HTML is full supported). What you'd do is create a "Text Page", then paste the embed code into that. Here are a few examples of sites that are already doing this:

As for the audio, if you have an embed code, that'd be the way to go. You could embed the audio exactly the same way as the video.

If you don't have an embed code and just have a file, you could use Dropbox to host the file, then either link to it, or play it from your website. Here's a page on how to host a file with Dropbox: http://help.22slides.com/article/download-file-link

And here's the code you can paste into a text page to play the file (assuming is an mp3 or compatible file type):

Hope that helps, I'm glazing over quite a few details, so feel free to report back if you need more help :)

maximer...@gmail.com

May 5, 2012, 1:42:28 AM5/5/12
to 22sl...@googlegroups.com
Bryan,
Thanks for the tips, I'll work on that. I'm still a little new to CSS and HTML but now I know the direction to go and I'm sure I'll figure it out.
Thank you!
Maxime