COVID restrictions - Not all activities it seems...

Pablo Sabbag

Jan 14, 2021, 3:10:25 PM1/14/21
to York Region Amateur Radio Club

Outdoor activities

Downhill skiing, golf courses and outdoor driving ranges are closed to the public. Maintenance is allowed.

Cross-country skiing, ice fishing, snowmobiling and dog sledding can stay open, as long as they follow public health requirements.

from https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-and-restrictions government website

John Leonardelli

Jan 14, 2021, 3:15:13 PM1/14/21
to yrarc.group
I am looking at a Ice Hut Portable ops and procuring a snowmobile to allow WFD

I do have X C skis so maybe thats cheaper
John VE3IPS

Ham Radio is a life$$$tyle not a Hobby!
Take the radio outside and operate from the Field
Throw a wire in a tree and make a QSO

ve3e...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2021, 9:13:30 AM1/15/21
to yrarc...@yrarc.org

John Leonardelli

Patrick

Jan 15, 2021, 11:56:59 AM1/15/21
to YRARC Google GROUP
That they don't see any broken ice is a positive sign, but Simcoe has eaten a lot of people with no trace ever surfacing.

John Leonardelli

Jan 15, 2021, 12:24:35 PM1/15/21
to yrarc.group
I recall my neigbour years ago going fishing and went out in a red pickup and came back in a cab

Those days there was no global warming and I had a 102 inch whip on my bicycle