Looking for transformer

1 view

Elliot Fraser

Jul 27, 2021, 12:31:11 PM7/27/21
to yrarc...@yrarc.org
Does anyone have or can point me in the right direction?.
I have a toasted transformer for a CDE rotor controller.
The part number is 50784-10  C53-50724-00
5 wire output   24v  red and blue wires,  ground -green   12v +/- yellow and brown.
I'm just looking to have a spare BU.

image.png
--
Elliot

Alex Sutherland VA3ASE

Jul 29, 2021, 12:06:07 AM7/29/21
to yrarc...@yrarc.org
Hi Elliot,

I have no leads on a transformer but I've used switching power supplies from Amazon with good results. Two 12v supplies would give you +/-12V and 24V depending how you configure them. Various current ratings available to match your application. Just try to find ones that are floating negative (not grounded) to give you flexibility.

They won't fit in the original CDE box but should get the job done and probably for cheaper than the correct transformer if you can even find it.

73,
Alex VA3ASE