FD Score

John Leonardelli

Jul 6, 2021, 5:00:02 PM7/6/21
to yrarc.group
Submitted my score adding 494 points to the club cause
John VE3IPS

Ham Radio is a life$$$tyle not a Hobby!
Take the radio outside and operate from the Field
Throw a wire in a tree and make a QSO

Chris Sullivan

Jul 7, 2021, 4:48:24 PM7/7/21
to York Region Amateur Radio Club, ve3...@gmail.com
Hey John. You reminded me to submit mine. Total 1688 points. 250 of them from bonuses. 435 QSOs, 26 on phone (6m and 2m), 28 on CW and the rest digital on 20/40/80 mostly FT4.

Under the name "York Region Amateur Radio Club". Thanks for submitting your score and adding points to our total!

73,
Chris

John Leonardelli

Jul 7, 2021, 7:28:45 PM7/7/21
to Chris Sullivan, York Region Amateur Radio Club
Sooooo that's a lot of tap tap ft4 contacts

Ok now go sweep 13 Colonies

Brian Waterworth

Jul 7, 2021, 8:25:05 PM7/7/21
to York Region Amateur Radio Club
1,970 pts for my QRP FT-x (both 8 and 4) battery station (1E).  Club specified correctly and as instructed.

Bonus Points:
100 pts - 100% emergency power
100 pts - W1AW Field Day message
50 pts - Entry submitted via web

I missed getting the 100 pt solar bonus.  Next year for sure :-)

QSOs Logged:
40m - 127
20m - 45

regards,
Brian
VE3IBW

Ve3eZ

Jul 7, 2021, 8:29:42 PM7/7/21
to yrarc...@yrarc.org, Brian Waterworth

Hi Brian

Some impressive #'s being reported ... !!

Unfortunately, due to conflicts and a full schedule, I was not able to participate ... :-(

Do I still need to go in and report a score of zero ? ...

Steve

John Leonardelli

Jul 8, 2021, 7:37:13 AM7/8/21
to yrarc.group
Steve

Egypt is ONN not GTA

Chris Sullivan

Jul 8, 2021, 8:15:21 AM7/8/21
to York Region Amateur Radio Club, ve3...@gmail.com
Did my sweep of 13 colonies. Didn't see K2K except on 30m FT8 (I run FT8 while listening to the net). Only found K2L on SSB. Rest were CW and 40 and 80 mostly. If you watch the spotting network closely the operators self-spot a minute or two before they start sending, so you can catch 'em on the first call before the pileup begins.

According to the ARRL, Egypt being in York Region, and even Uxbridge are GTA, but Bradford is not, although I don't think that matters for a club score what region you're in. I wonder if the ARRL would accept a zero score and give the 50 bonus points for electronic submission? :-)

Greater Toronto Area (GTA)

  • The City of Toronto and the Regions of Halton (including the City of Burlington), Peel, York and Durham.
73,
Chris

Robert Galambos DEC CEC VA3BXG

Jul 8, 2021, 9:03:34 AM7/8/21
to 'Charles Smith' via York Region Amateur Radio Club
Egypt is in Durham. And Durham is in the GTA

DEC for YORK & DURHAM Region ARES.
ASEC GTA ARES section
When all else fails

Pablo VA3HDL

Jul 8, 2021, 9:20:52 AM7/8/21
to York Region Amateur Radio Club
This is the official ARRL sections map for Ontario

Ontario ARRL Sections.png

Enjoy!

73,
Pablo, VA3HDL

Alex Sutherland VA3ASE

Jul 8, 2021, 9:31:08 AM7/8/21
to yrarc...@yrarc.org
Brian and Chris those are some impressive scores! I submitted my results last night, thanks for the reminder. The rules are pretty clear that class D and E aren't eligible for the 100pt satellite bonus, but when I submitted my results it got automatically added so who knows.

Under ARRL rules I had 85 phone QSOs including 74 on satellite, 5 on 6m and 6 on 2m. Plus 17 digital QSOs mixed in. Power multiplier of 2x. Bonuses for emergency power (100), submitting online (50), and the questionable satellite bonus (100) brings my total claimed score to 488.

Under AMSAT rules (where I can work the same call on multiple satellites) my total was 134 phone contacts. Not a record but still respectable I'd say.

I think the highlight was a 2m opening where I worked North Texas on 2m SSB with 100w. Definitely a personal distance record for that mode. I also worked England on the FM satellite AO-91 for some excitement.

The zoom call was fun but I'm looking forward to a day when we can gather in person again.

73,
Alex VA3ASE

Chris Sullivan

Jul 8, 2021, 9:35:15 AM7/8/21
to York Region Amateur Radio Club, va3...@gmail.com
Being that Egypt is on Park Road directly South of Sibbald Point PP, and it is North of Ravenshoe, where the border between Durham to the South and York to the North lies, I'd say it was in Georgina, in York Region, not in Durham, although either way it is still GTA.

73,
Chris

John Leonardelli

Jul 8, 2021, 12:26:32 PM7/8/21
to yrarc.group, va3...@gmail.com
Egypt is not that far from the Temple

Maybe I drive up there and use a 6m Delta Loop for the Net but I have never been in Georgina

John VE3IPS

Ham Radio is a life$$$tyle not a Hobby!
Take the radio outside and operate from the Field
Throw a wire in a tree and make a QSO

Chris Sullivan

Jul 8, 2021, 12:34:51 PM7/8/21
to York Region Amateur Radio Club, ve3...@gmail.com, va3...@gmail.com
Do it. You'll be able to brag that you contacted York Region from Egypt by working Aurora on 6m!