Nice to hear back from you.
Could you please tell us what type of build are you attempting?
Are you buying the components and connecting them together?
Are you building the components by yourself?
This is what I did after Eric's presentation:
- Got and old RPi with Raspbian Jesse (old version, not the latest)
- Ordered an USB Audio adapter (CAD$ 10 in Amazon)
- Build a simple interface using 2 isolation transformers, the USB Audio adapter, a couple transistors and an optoisolator for PTT.
- Connected everything together with a Baofeng UV-5R that was sitting on the bench doing nothing for few months now
- Installed Direwolf on the the RPi and configured with one beacon in RF and Igate
- Connected a Windows client called UISS via AGW to use the RPi like a TNC
- Checked my presence in aprs.fi
to ensure everything working fine
Is this more or less what you would like to do? Do you have something different in mind?
Let us know.