New Call Sign

Stephen Orr

Jul 16, 2021, 11:26:50 AM7/16/21
to York Region Amateur Radio Club
Hi Folks

I have made some changes recently with ISED (formerly Industry Canada) that I thought that I should update you on in case our paths cross on the repeater or other.

My new and primary callsign is now VE1OR (Ocean Radio) and - according to ISED and the updated RIC - I will only sign here locally as VE1OR and not "portable 3" or other...

VE3EZ - the coolest and eziest of the two letter "E" calls - was released into the wild earlier this we and now being tracked as we speak by another YRARC ham who is mere hours from being awarded it officially.

I may also sometimes use VE1ORR. The new EMAIL for HAM stuff that I will gradually migrate to is VE1OR...@GMAIL.COM

This change was prompted by and part of a gradual migration to our retirement farm / property located in Nova Scotia. On a nice hill with good slope to the ocean, we will have 140 Acres to fill with antennas...  should keep me busy...

Transition time may be some months - perhaps a year - but wanted to check this one off the list and start the process.

Anyone interest in a 10 Acre property HERE complete with free standing TRYLON tower should contact me directly... will be leaving it in place...  :-)

Have a great summer and will see you at the meeting - in person I hope - in the fall.

Steve

VE1OR.jpg

Anthony Rospo

Jul 16, 2021, 12:16:57 PM7/16/21
to yrarc...@yrarc.org
Congratulations on your new journey in life I can’t wait to hit ya on 20m cheers

73 Anthony  VE3HIS

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 16, 2021, at 11:26 AM, Stephen Orr <ve3e...@gmail.com> wrote:

<VE1OR.jpg>

<VE1OR.jpg>

John Leonardelli

Jul 16, 2021, 1:52:12 PM7/16/21
to yrarc.group
Steve i will try to work the OR from Egypt but your 160m beam should be pointed there. I will have 100 watts into a Inverted V

John VE3IPS

Ham Radio is a life$$$tyle not a Hobby!
Take the radio outside and operate from the Field
Throw a wire in a tree and make a QSO

Ken Laker

Jul 18, 2021, 2:44:45 PM7/18/21
to yrarc...@yrarc.org
Congratulations on your new adventure , all the best .
your new place sounds  great ,looking forward to hearing you from NS,
You will be missed here in ve3 land ,
hope you see you before you go
ps you have a lot farther to drive to Dayton now ,hi hi
ken
ve3lrk 73

Anthony Rospo

Jul 18, 2021, 7:04:38 PM7/18/21
to yrarc...@yrarc.org
Speaking of drive to Dayton no more running circles around Bill QB now that was a fun trip.

73. Anthony. VE3HIS

Sent from my iPhone