QSO databases

John Chin

Mar 22, 2021, 9:59:16 PM3/22/21
to York Region Amateur Radio Club
Maybe I am expecting or assuming too much.  Maybe this is why I read that on some HAM's QRZ web pages that they only log to one contact databases.

I am not planning to start a discuss of the merits of one over the other.  It is like coke vs pepsi or VHS and Betamax,  Okay, this last sentence dated me.

My question is there any way to sync all the contacts so QSO confirmation can be recorded without requiring me to separately upload to each database?

There are some who says they only submit QSOs to LOTW.  Others say they use only one or more of the other contact contact databases like eQSL or QRZ or  ClubLog, and possibly other to QSO databases.

Each database has their own operation awards

It is driving me crazy trying to sync up all my confirmations.

Now I notice that RAC awards requires cards.  This I assume means paper QSL cards.

73,
John

VA3HDL Amateur Radio

Mar 22, 2021, 10:09:08 PM3/22/21
to York Region Amateur Radio Club, jchi...@gmail.com
Hi John,

Log4OM handles all this for you. Isn't the log that you are using?
The only manual step is to sync QRZ.com via LotW import on their site (or pay for QRZ.com subscription and you can upload directly from Log4OM)

Not sure what is the issue you having. Unfortunately this has been segmented over the time, and now there are multiple platforms, and not everyone is in all of them.
The top three in popularity I believe they are: LotW, QRZ.com, and eQSL.

It shouldn't drive you crazy, Log4OM upload to all these sites.

73,
Pablo, VA3HDL

Chris Sullivan

Mar 22, 2021, 10:20:32 PM3/22/21
to York Region Amateur Radio Club, va3...@gmail.com, jchi...@gmail.com
Same with DXKeeper. Uploads with a couple of mouse clicks to LoTW & eQSL. Then on qrz.com import from LoTW. FT4/FT8 with JT-Alert and it uploads every QSO to LoTW as soon as it's logged. All very easy and reliable.

73,
Chris

John Chin

Mar 22, 2021, 10:40:28 PM3/22/21
to VA3HDL Amateur Radio, York Region Amateur Radio Club
I would like to keep my QSOs and confirmations up to date on each of the databases.  It helps people with operating awards.  I may be doing everything properly but I am not 100% sure.

Yes, I am using Log4OM.  I do use the import function in QRZ to upload to LOTW and vice versa.  So the QSO confirmations on these two databases match up.  I have LOTW configured in Log4OM, but it seems like I need to import into LOTW on QRZ.  Maybe so the confirmation can be matched up.

I have configured Log4OM to connect to QRZ, LOTW, ClubLog, eQSL, ClubLog and HRDLog and HAMQTH.  I am assuming my QSOs are being uploaded.  I am not sure whether a confirmed QSO on one of the others databases ever gets transferred to the other databases.

I have a number of QSOs unconfirmed on QRZ.  I believe that is because others do not use QRZ or LOTW.

John