Manager of FT8SP Award Program

Eric Brown

Mar 19, 2021, 2:48:58 PM3/19/21
to YRARC Google GROUP
Any of the other FT8/FT4 users receive an email from "Manager of FT8SP Award Program" today?

...- . ...-- . -...
Eric Brown
VE3EB

 .___!____!__
//___||__\\___\\____
|_/ \ |___|/ \_(O||||||O)
_( )_)=o=( )_)=o=( )_)

Ron Gibson

Mar 19, 2021, 2:51:51 PM3/19/21
to yrarc...@yrarc.org
I got one on March 5th.

Ron
VE3CGR

ve3e...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2021, 2:59:50 PM3/19/21
to yrarc...@yrarc.org

I have not…

Have you been selected to send them yer CC number or mail them some Best Buy gift cards ? … 😊

Steve

Ve3eZ

Eric Brown

Mar 19, 2021, 5:30:12 PM3/19/21
to YRARC Google GROUP
i did bother, was I not supposed to send them my sin?
Oops!

Eric Brown
VE3EB/VE3OIC/VA3OIC

.__!______!___

Charles Smith

Mar 19, 2021, 8:55:42 PM3/19/21
to York Region Amateur Radio Club, Eric (VE3EB)
I received an invitation several weeks ago and joined. It is a program which gives awards for collecting the various Polish provinces on different bands. It is not part of the PSK (Polish Amateur Radio Union or some such translation) but the chap who started FT8SP, Pawel Grzelewski SQ5BE, is on the up-and-up. He is active in the PSK and is looking after the costs of this project himself.

The program is based on QSOs with Polish stations using FT8/FT4 after Jan 1 2020. He matches the QSOs with those submitted by Polish hams, and then gives credit for matches, rather like the ARRL's Logbook of the World. I submitted my relevant Polish QSOs (about 200 of them) and have been fascinated by seeing more matchups as increasing number of Polish hams join the program. Currently, there are about 2400 people participating.By comparison, that is about a quarter of the participants in Parks on the Air), but Pawel just started this a few months ago.

I have enjoyed looking at the maps of my matched QSOs and learning a bit more about Poland.

Charles VA3TTB