FYI: One more thing about the radio training and the Scouts

r...@ylab.ca

Dec 22, 2020, 11:28:44 PM12/22/20
to York Region Amateur Radio Club
We made "giving back" a big component of this Venturer Scout group's training.

At the last four YRARC Hamfests, these are the kids who helped with the vehicle loading and unloading, ticket-taking, end-of-day teardown, and whatever else they were asked. And, of course, the hot ham sandwich booth at the last hamfest.

Those who got their ham license had the privilege of volunteering to work the radios for the safety services communication desk at the annual Anime North festival. This is a big deal for them. The festival keeps asking us back.

And, of course, being older Venturers. they volunteer at camps for the younger kids. Wearing their radios on their belts with pride.

RJ

Eric Brown

Dec 23, 2020, 7:28:43 AM12/23/20
to YRARC Google GROUP
RJ

This sounds like an awesome program and training methodology!
Congratulations on your success and thank you for your efforts in bringing new hams, younger hams into the hobby!
c the world starts to turn again I hope to load the calendar with public service events and I look forward to  possibly seeing the youth at some of these events.

Happy Holidays!

Eric VE3EB
Dir, Public Service Events.
York Region Amateur Radio Club.