Safe Doc Update v1.35.0

Jason Huang

Mar 1, 2022, 6:29:04 PM3/1/22
to Safe Doc Community
Hi Admins,

It's been a while since our update announcement. We have been keeping Safe Doc updated to ensure all the policies are on the beam.
In our latest version 1.35.0, we added a new policy BlockMeetCompanionMode to disable the Companion Mode in Google Meet. Google rolled out this Companion Mode feature in late January to facilitate teachers presenting in a second device or screen. This feature is also available for students without an admin control. Some students join in the Companion Mode without microphone and webcam. As a result, teachers cannot manage those students as the host. If your school has experienced this issue, add this BlockMeetCompanionMode and set its value to true to remove the Companion Mode option for students.
screenshot_2022-03-01_15-15-08.jpg

If you experience any issues or have feature requests, please feel free to drop us a line con...@xfanatical.com. We are experienced in Google Workspace ecosystem and we're happy to solve problems and offer more values via Safe Doc.
Keep thriving! Thank you.
--
Jason Huang
Cofounder and CEO of xFanatical