xFanatical Safe Doc Update 1.46.0

Jason Huang

May 20, 2024, 5:06:28 PMMay 20
to xFanatical Safe Doc Community
Hello Admins,

I hope you're doing well.

We added 2 administrative policies in xFanatical Safe Doc in the past versions for Google Workspace for Education.
  • BlockTransferOwnership. The policy blocks the ownership transfer feature in Google Drive files. Transferring ownerships from students to students or students to teachers without supervisions may complicate file management for IT administrations and potentially allow students to bypass document sharing and access restrictions.
  • BlockChatLinkPreview. The policy blocks the link preview feature specifically for Google Chat. If your organization enables Google Chat for peer communication between students, they may share banned external links with each other. Although your organization may block the links when students try to open the links, Google will proxy and load thumbnails for these external links, showing age-inappropriate images.
    xFanatical Safe Doc blocks link preview feature in Google Chat.jpg
To enable the policies, simply add the policies with value true to your xFanatical Safe Doc JSON policy configuration.
"PolicyName": {
  "Value": true
}

Aside from the policies, we also put significant effort transition our Safe Doc chrome extension to the Browser Extension Manifest v3. For your information, Google will gradually disable old Manifest v2 Chrome extensions in as early as June 2024, in Chrome version 127. It's the time to check whether other chrome extensions installed in your organization, for staffs and students, are well maintained to guarantee ongoing service. Learn more in Manifest V2 support timeline

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Thank you for your reading time.
--
Jason Huang
CEO at xFanatical