WPS Office

Rabbi Shaya Greiniman

Apr 6, 2021, 10:20:18 PM4/6/21
to safedoc-...@xfanatical.com
Hi,
I have unblocked the URL for WPS Office and am able to connect to the site on student chromebooks. However, When opening an actual doc, I get a message that the site is blocked by admin. I whitelist the URL of the docs as well. Also, the message is different from the usual message of URL so and so is blocked, rather it simply says that the person who set it up has chosen to block the site.
Does this have something to do with SafeDoc? or do you have any other ideas?
Thank you

Jason Huang

Apr 7, 2021, 12:51:12 PM4/7/21
to Safe Doc Community, rabbigr...@hillelacademyfaculty.com
Hi there,

Safe Doc only blocks Google Docs Editors URLs like https://docs.google.com/document/d/<doc-id>/edit?usp=sharing, under your configuration of the policy BlockDriveSharedLinksIf you do not configure the policy the explicitly block sharing between students, Safe Doc does not automatically block links. WPS Office doc URLs are like https://drive.wps.com/view/<doc-id>, which Safe Doc does not support.

A blocked page by Safe Doc looks like
screenshot_2021-04-07_09-46-08.png

Do you see the same message? If not, please check if another extension or your network filter blocks the doc URL.
Thank you.