Safe Doc Update 1.42.0 & Customer Portal

Jason Huang

Sep 12, 2023, 7:54:39 PM9/12/23
to Safe Doc Community
Hello Admins,

I'm writing to share xFanatical Safe Doc updates in the past months.

Update v1.42.0
  • Restore the policy BlockGmailChat. The policy used to block Hangout Chat in Gmail. Since Google sunset the Hangout back in 2022, we stopped supporting this policy. Later Google integrated the new Chat service into Gmail, we brought back this policy. This policy disables the Chat features in Gmail without blocking the Chat app. Some schools find it distracting to students. Also, if you use the Chat policies like BlockChatRooms, then you may need to enable this policy as well.
    screenshot_2023-09-12_16-10-56.jpg
Updates v1.41.2~1.41.22
From the versions 1.41.2 to 1.41.22, we maintained Safe Doc to ensure the policies work well with the latest Google Workspace for Education updates. No new policies were introduced. Yet the policies covered new interface changes from Google. For example, the BlockEmojis policy added coverages of removing the Emoji reactions comments and removing the emoji popup when typing a colon  in Google Docs.
screenshot_2023-09-12_16-27-20.jpg
screenshot_2023-09-12_16-28-50.jpg

Safe Doc customer portal
We launched the Safe Doc customer portal launched in June 2023. It consolidates the payment, quotes, license information, billing information, user information in one place. Most importantly, you can subscribe to the auto-renewal of Safe Doc annual license without remembering to renew every year, and invite your accounting department as members to manage the payment. Learn more about using Safe Doc Customer Portal.

We value your input. Fee free to share your thoughts on the Safe Doc updates and stay tuned for more exciting updates in the future!
Thank you.
--
Jason Huang
Cofounder and CEO at xFanatical