Impact of Google Meet UI Changes to Safe Doc

Safe Doc Community

May 28, 2021, 6:24:08 PM5/28/21
to Safe Doc Community
Hi Admins,

As you may know, Google revamped the Google Meet UI (back to 2017) and start gradual rolling from May 24, 2021 for Rapid Release and from June 1, 2021 for Scheduled Release, see Google Workspace Updates Blog, Updated rollout information for the new Google Meet user experience, new option to revert to the legacy experience

The UI/UX change would impact 10+ Google Meet related policies of Safe Doc.
  • BlockMeetCaptions
  • BlockMeetRecord
  • BlockMeetPresent
  • BlockMeetChat
  • BlockMeetAddPeople
  • BlockMeetStudentInfo
  • BlockMeetJoinOrStartButton
  • EnableMeetMuteAll
  • EnableMeetChatOffCommand
  • BlockMeetPhoneInfo
  • BlockMeetChangeBackground
  • BlockUnnicknamedMeeting
  • EnableMeetCameraOffCommand
  • EnableMeetMicOffCommand
We are working on the compatibility issues so that Safe Doc's policies can continue working for the new interface.
If your students experience Meet interruptions, please consider disabling those policies temporarily before we post fixes. The policy definitions are documented in Safe Doc Configuration. Google also suggests to check if other 3rd party Chrome extensions interference the Meet functionalities.

If you have any questions, please contact us at sup...@xfanatical.com.
Thank you.
--
Jason from xFanatical