Adding user to email group based on Org Path

Benjamin Diehl

Oct 28, 2021, 8:19:33 AM10/28/21
to Foresight Community
Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to add a newly created user to an email group based on the Org it's placed into. For example, A student is placed into the class year 2024 so they would need to be added into email group class-2024. Is it possible to do this conditionally though, with one Action set? No matter the Org units name 2024, 2025, whatever it would read the Org Unit name and place it in the correct group based on the name.

Brand new to the platform I apologize if I didn't use the correct terms or structure.

Alexandre Bouju

Oct 28, 2021, 9:22:30 AM10/28/21
to Benjamin Diehl, Foresight Community
Hello Benjamin,

I'm using Foresight for this exact purpose so I can answer you that it's possible.
You just have to set the trigger on the "User created" option, then you can use "If" blocks to redirect the workflow to the assignation of the right group(s) using the "Add group member" action, depending on what your variable "Organizational Unit Path" is (contains, startsWith, etc.).

There is two small points you need to be carefull about:
- I don't know if this changed but nearly a year ago when I set my rule, the deletion of an action was deleting all its child actions.
- If your rule starts to be to big, you won't be able to clearly see it in the chart part, it can bother you if you need to do a quick modification on an old rule you forget about.

Best regards,
Alex

Benjamin Diehl

Oct 28, 2021, 9:24:35 AM10/28/21