Data Transfer

Carl Siva

Oct 10, 2022, 5:24:56 PM10/10/22
to Foresight Community
Initiated a batch data transfer request (cal, drive, email) and I am finding data was not transferred despite emails indicating it was. Any tips on how to troubleshoot?

Jason Huang

Oct 10, 2022, 7:25:59 PM10/10/22
to Foresight Community, carl...@boomi.com
Hello,

Google Admin Console does not offer a tracking feature for Data transfer requests, so it's difficult to view the progress. If you have a lot of data to transfer, it takes some time for Google to process them. Please see Google's documentation Transfer data between Google Workspace accounts. Only when the transfer is complete, the old owner, the new owner and you will receive a confirmation email like this.
screenshot_2022-10-10_16-01-06.jpg

With that said, it's possible to retrieve the data transfer request status from the Admin SDK > Data Transfer API > Retrieves data transfer request. We will integrate it as a new action in future versions of Foresight.
Thanks.

Carl Siva

Oct 11, 2022, 10:32:19 PM10/11/22
to Foresight Community, ja...@xfanatical.com, Carl Siva
Hi,

Thank you. Some of the transfers did not complete. For example, email didn't transfer, but drive and calendar did. I had to go back and manually transfer. It would be good to add these results into future versions for more accurate success/failure tracking.

Carl

Jason Huang

Oct 12, 2022, 12:34:20 PM10/12/22
to Foresight Community, carl...@boomi.com
Currently Gmail migration between Google Workspace accounts is not possible to automate, due to limited Google Admin API offers. We'll look into different paths to automate Gmail migration, which is a key part of the user offboarding process. Thank you for your feedback.