Reoccurring auto response

Alex Davis

May 10, 2021, 2:18:44 PM5/10/21
to Foresight Community
This might be a silly question, but I wanted to check: I set an out-of-the-office response to be sent starting this Friday, starting at midnight. I also set an end time of 11:59 pm. In addition, I put the reoccurring time as once a week. This will cause the vacation response to be deployed once a week on Fridays, and not just once, right? Just wanted to double check, as the end time threw me off. Thanks!

Jason Huang

May 11, 2021, 1:25:15 PM5/11/21
to Foresight Community, al...@oachurch.com
Yes, the Recurring times trigger will execute your rule every Friday, not just once.

The configuration of Update vacation responder action requires some calculation.
You will need to put the variable {{ nowDatetime_global }} in the Start vacation at field, so that your Gmail vacation responder's start time is the real time when the rule runs on every Friday, instead of a static date.
Select After X days Y hours in the End vacation field, which indicates the duration of Out-of-office. You will need to calculate the duration. For example, the duration of Friday 5pm to Sat 9am is 16 hours, while the duration of Friday 5pm to Monday 9am is 2 days and 16 hours.
I hope this helps. Thanks!