Yes, you can achieve that with Foresight. You can create the following rule.
- Select the User created trigger
- Add a Wait action. The Wait time field can be set to 180 seconds. This action give you 3 minutes to add the "cost center" information after you create a user from Google Admin Console.
- Add a Get user info action. Use the Primary Email variable as the Primary Email field value.
- Add an If action. Add branches based on different cost centers.
- Name the IT branch. Set the condition as Cost center text is exactly IT.
- Name the Marketing branch. Set the condition as
Cost center text is exactly Marketing.
- (add branches for other cost centers)
- Leave the Fallback branch empty for new employees not matching any of the cost centers.
- Add Add group member action(s) for each cost center branch. In each Add group member action, select the Primary Email variable as the Member email field value. Select the group from the drop down list for the Group email field.
- Create the rule.
After you create the rule,
- Add a new user in your Google Admin Console.
- The rule will execute and wait for 3 minutes.
- Once you add the new user account, under the user's User information > Employee information, update the Cost center.
- The rule will add the user to the defined groups according to their cost center values.
You can find a screenshot below.